Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
6:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to read this post Scott. I know you have been dreading this day for a long time. For your sake, I hope it doesn't sell on the open market, and your offer will become the top offer.

Last edited:

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sorry to hear Scott.

Maybe have a GTG / estate sale to bring people by? Find lots of things we (and maybe even you) don't know you have?

Maybe pitch in and help you sort / organize / move some stuff too.

Philbert

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would it be helpful to hold a raffle to pay for a storage area for Scott's stuff? It would also help with moving costs. I would be all over that.

Sorry I am too far away to offer physical assistance.

don't really need the money, but I could use some help when the time comes

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I'm saddened to hear this Scott! My dad and uncles when through something similar when they watched the family farm auctioned off to the highest bidder after my grandfather passed away. Broke their hearts. My dad was never the same after that. I don't have much to offer, but if I can help I will tree brother.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot of my cousins got upset about it (there were 7 in that family), but my Aunt left the farm to the one son she knew would not sell it. Unfortunately, I don't know what will happen when he is gone, but I think some of the Nephews may be in line. They hunt it now.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm saddened to hear this Scott! My dad and uncles when through something similar when they watched the family farm auctioned off to the highest bidder after my grandfather passed away. Broke their hearts. My dad was never the same after that. I don't have much to offer, but if I can help I will tree brother.

Yeah sold off to the highest lowballing NOPE.

Last edited:

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
some people hold more value in a dollar then a living
So true Scott.
I worked at a bank for years and saw families implode over the most trivial of "assets"....coffee table, TV set, vases ect.
Siblings who were loving family members who are no longer on speaking terms. The fact that many people reading this post dont have a CURRENT WILL should be alarmed by this tale. Probate sucks and with a little proper estate planning can be avoided. We will all die. Its fact. Ignoring that only causes the remaining loved ones greater pain.
Sorry you are having to go through this. And about the "taking up a collection" not being needed.... it might be when rigging fees for transporting some large machinery happens.