GoldMember
Local time
1:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Race Chain Testing Session #1
poplar 8x8 - first cut was a biscuit to get rid of a knot before the cookies
I am gonna use Mutley as my test saw and a 20" Sugihara as my test bar since most of my race chains are 72DL.
Mutley is a freshly built ECSaws, OEM 56mm Millenium bored and plated MS660 cylinder with a CCC Racing Wiseco 56mm BB660 piston, running a WG carburetor on regular gas with a dual port muffler, no air filter, plenty of power to pull any race chain I throw at it :)

First Chain is a fresh arrival codename D1 - I will try to give the same three high rez views on each chain we test.
IMG_6671.JPG IMG_6672.JPG IMG_6673.JPG click thumbnails for full size views.

and yes, I did forget to tighten the bar oil cap and it dumped a tank on my boot LOL
cut times in seconds: 1.43, 1.2, 1.23

Last edited:

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am gonna use Mutley as my test saw and a 20" Sugihara as my test bar since most of my race chains are 72DL.
Mutley is a freshly built ECSaws, OEM 56mm Millenium bored and plated MS660 cylinder with a CCC Racing Wiseco 56mm BB660 piston, running a WG carburetor on regular gas with a dual port muffler, no air filter, plenty of power to pull any race chain I throw at it :)

First Chain is a fresh arrival codename D1 - I will try to give the same three high rez views on each chain we test.
View attachment 166785 View attachment 166786 View attachment 166787 click thumbnails for full size views.

and yes, I did forget to tighten the bar oil cap and it dumped a tank on my boot LOL
That saw rips Dave! Even vibrated the oil cap right out.:D

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The teeth do some raking too while cutting, more important to gauge the depth of the cut, so DEPTH GAUGES :thumbup:
I filed alot of bow saw and crosscut saws in my day, so I kind of got my terminology sorted out. Lol.

A depth gauge can be made into a cutter.
I once modified a 72LPX chain by filing the cutters back to the rear rivet, thinned out the depth gauges so they sliced 2 thin kerfs. Then used the safety drive link ramp as a depth gauge. The cutter bit was then the true raker and cleared out the chips.
Actually cut pretty good.

Last edited:

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 166785 View attachment 166786 View attachment 166787 click thumbnails for full size views.

That 1122 is pretty badassed !!!!
I’d love to see more pictures of that saw

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Screw caps, FTW

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol slacker
IMG_6685.JPG IMG_6686.JPG IMG_6687.JPG IMG_6688.JPG IMG_6689.JPG
not much of a looker but it runs real nice, I will get it cleaned up with covers to compete in 6 cube stock appearing this year, I think that goofy ass muffler cover came from the haul of parts I got from T-bone a few years back LOL

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was that the EC 66 that you shredded the plating on tryin out chrome rings?
yep, that's one of the guinea pigs that got destroyed, it got more porting, replated, a new head, a new intake and carb and a new piston since then, I think it runs pretty well, i'm going to try to put enough time on it to get the ring to seat nicely before I pass it around at GTGs