Let's talk race chain

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not at all. It drove me crazy. On a swing arm it was easier to hit the corner every time with chain being so inconsistent. It had a lot more flex with barely any pressure.
I think it helps everyone to stress less when they know they aren't the only one having a problem with that.
Converting an EXL seemed to be better than many of the older chains I've done, may have been the fact that it was a little cleaner too lol.
True, on the newer simingtons the vertical adjustment is easy to monkey with as well.

I need to make a grinder that references off the top of the tooth.
That's what I have in mind for grinding rakers on the Oregon/tecomec, the depth adjustment would work off the top of the tooth so it didn't touch/damage the cutting edge. I won't be running any racing chain thru the silvey raker grinder, it hit's heavy on the leading edge of the tooth :eek:. The silvey also makes every raker the same height, so it doesn't change for each individual tooth, fine for production chain, but not so much for a race chain in my opinion.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True, on the newer simingtons the vertical adjustment is easy to monkey with as well.

I need to make a grinder that references off the top of the tooth.
Sure would be nice to have that adjustment, maybe someday, gotta start somewhere :).