Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old enough! That's a great body style. Nice truck brother
Thanks. My Dad had a few Chevy step-side 4x4's with a manual transmission. He preferred the 350 engine rather than the 305. Guess I carried on the tradition but with an automatic transmission.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
8:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Really no competition between the 350 and 305, more power same economy. I always thought the 305 was a strange engine option...lol. My grampa had a black 89' short box 350 with a stick. Really sweet looking truck when he bought it new.

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got an old 1991 Nissan hardbody that was my grandads. Not pretty at all. (Actually about 5 different colors right now cause my grandad didn't wax cars and Nissan didn't start using a real clear coat until later) but it's only got 120k on it and still runs like a top. These little 4cyls pull above their pay grade and last forever. My aunt just sold another 1985 hardbody that had been in the family for a while and if I would've known she was doing it I would probably have 2 right now lol. It's engine was in a little worse shape ( a little puff of smoke at startup) but all it really needed was a throttle position sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That's more like a tractor disguised as a truck. Very nice

Maybe a little, should allow me to pull this easily enough! Needs some work but will be helpful transporting big timber to the mill
IMG_0550.JPG

Needs a winch.

It's on my to do list. It has a front PTO shaft so I'm searching for one of the original werner PTO winches, supposedly you could strap it to the moon and pull it down to earth they're that strong

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not real old but we like them...
Left is my 2003 4x4 Sierra, fully loaded.
Right is the wife's 1999 - Standard 2 wheel drive and not a lot of options. She calls it the Girly Version. LOL
Both are pushing 200,000 miles

GMC 1.jpg

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother and two of his girls were coming home from a holiday last Wednesday.There was a gravel patch that was all potholed up from a few days of rain,his Nissan frontier decided to lose grip and direction.The result was a totaled truck,him and the girls were ok.His other car is down with a bad fuel pump and he has a bum arm from the crash001.JPG 002.JPG so i got his old truck running for him. It's been sitting for 9 years,all the tires were flat 440000 KM's on it 1986 he bought it new.Put in a battery and splashed some gas in the carb,all fluids were good.Ran crappy for a few minutes then smoothed out.Now it runs like it was never parked.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad you brought it back to life, now it will last forever.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother and two of his girls were coming home from a holiday last Wednesday.There was a gravel patch that was all potholed up from a few days of rain,his Nissan frontier decided to lose grip and direction.The result was a totaled truck,him and the girls were ok.His other car is down with a bad fuel pump and he has a bum arm from the crashView attachment 85611 View attachment 85612 so i got his old truck running for him. It's been sitting for 9 years,all the tires were flat 440000 KM's on it 1986 he bought it new.Put in a battery and splashed some gas in the carb,all fluids were good.Ran crappy for a few minutes then smoothed out.Now it runs like it was never parked.

Y'all must not have ethanol gas or salted roads. That truck looks clean.