High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Let's get it out of the for sale thread! Another thread to chat in.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the sake of keeping the chatter down in the for sale threads we can chat here and kick others over here to chat, rant, give general saw advice.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only saw I have, that has not been used is a Poulan 2000, it's green. Given to me by svk, would not run. Had two layers of same gasket in carb, probably came from factory that way, removed one and it's alive. What's your take on a 550xp, do you have a video running one?
I like them a lot, they will beat a stock 346 stock for stock, and they have lots of other features that are nice too. I don't think I have any videos of any of the 550's I've had running :(.
Does it look like this but green :).
Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 5.14.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 5.16.07 PM.png

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jonsered version of 550xp (2253), it’s not stock. It was about 6 secs faster on average than a similarly modded 350 in this log. That 350 ain’t a slouch either.
Although I don't have one of a 550 running, I have one of my 2145 with an AM ported 346 cylinder put on it.
Here it is in a chunk of very hard ash running a semi chisel 16" cain with a few extra links of safety chain to make it an 18" lol.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's the color, same bar also. I do not have the tools. Now that is Minty!
I like the bar on the Craftsman better, always thought they looked cool, but i like the color of those old poulans, very cool.
I sold/traded the poulan to a buddy who just had to have it, he fueled it up with ethanol fuel which I told him not to, mix in one end and out the other:risas3:. He replaced the lines and ran the heck out of it, I think he is still using it, that was a couple summers ago and he does tree work. I hated to sell it to him knowing he was going to use it(that's why I won't sell a saw to @Czed :p), but the trade was good and he needed a saw right away.
We've done a lot of deals thru the years he came out well on, so it was my turn.
I still run the Craftsman now and then, it's a beast, not.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i got a line on a brand new, still on the shelf husky 353. 2012 model:) guy said $450-500. He was going off memory. Wasnt for sure on price. What would be a good price? And the actual value of the saw? Lets hear ur thoughts.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i got a line on a brand new, still on the shelf husky 353. 2012 model:) guy said $450-500. He was going off memory. Wasnt for sure on price. What would be a good price? And the actual value of the saw? Lets hear ur thoughts.
And its hot ass heiil and humid as duck down her!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice, I like those 353's, great firewood cutters and can be easily modified into a 346 even though it will still say 353 on the case and recoil unless you change the sticker out, probably be best to eave the tag alone ;).
450 is better than 500, but 40 would be better than either.
Here's one a guy has for sale on that other site :D.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-353.321259/

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the sake of keeping the chatter down in the for sale threads we can chat here and kick others over here to chat, rant, give general saw advice.

I've always wondered why people think it's a bad idea to have "chatter" in a for sale thread.

Could you share your thoughts on that?

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've always wondered why people think it's a bad idea to have "chatter" in a for sale thread.

Could you share your thoughts on that?
Think it distracts from sellers ad, by bringing up other saws. Or someone adds they like a different saw better. Or you could build one cheaper (had that happen). If discussing benefits of that saw, don't see a problem. Think Brett was just being respectful of sellers thread, because we started discussing pageant saw and the like.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think it distracts from sellers ad, by bringing up other saws. Or someone adds they like a different saw better. Or you could build one cheaper (had that happen). If discussing benefits of that saw, don't see a problem. Think Brett was just being respectful of sellers thread, because we started discussing pageant saw and the like.

So it's not the "chatter" as much as folks just being disrespectful of the seller?

The reason I ask......I like to see activity in my sale threads. It keeps the thread on top.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice, I like those 353's, great firewood cutters and can be easily modified into a 346 even though it will still say 353 on the case and recoil unless you change the sticker out, probably be best to eave the tag alone ;).
450 is better than 500, but 40 would be better than either.
Here's one a guy has for sale on that other site :D.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-353.321259/
Ya i agree at $400 it would prob be im my suburban already:) and i passed over the thread at on As a time or two. Heard that guy was shady:D that saw would move better at $275:p
LMAO!!!

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those little top handle Poulans such as the 2000 and its cousins make great truck saws. They're cheap, easy to work on and are pretty reliable. Since they say Poulan, they're not a thief magnet like anything that says Stihl. Just about every one I ever had come through here needed fuel lines. (and usually fuel system work is all they need)

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those little top handle Poulans such as the 2000 and its cousins make great truck saws. They're cheap, easy to work on and are pretty reliable. Since they say Poulan, they're not a thief magnet like anything that says Stihl. Just about every one I ever had come through here needed fuel lines. (and usually fuel system work is all they need)
How about a poulan 2300 cva? Sweet saw? I got a line on one:rolleyes: