Results are only viewable after voting.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
10:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've forgot them outside overnight and left them in the snow. They're just tools. I do try to keep them halfway dry most of the time but they only get in the cab of the truck if I'm going into a store for a while and don't trust leaving them in the bed.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your work fer nasa?
5d65b0f58e09a2abcaf4b27b4133b1b5.jpg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I leave one in the truck bed in the brutal winter nearly every day it goes under a roof if if rains or snows I forget it regularly then I start it and let it run piss rev it a few times to cycle the fuel and try to burn the moisture off I keep it in the truck off and on this time of year as I'm not cutting nearly as much Maybe that's being careless but if you're gonna use it it's there I drive slow it doesn't get beat up it's in great shape and I let it ride in the can once in a while some of my other saws get to go inside regularly I'll let any of them sit outside overnight in the truck if I'm gonna use them the next day

nnero

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I try not to leave them outside. They are just tools but expensive ones. And I would like them to last and run properly when needed.

On the way to work everyday day I pass a Husqy, don't know which model but it has tall air filter cover and aluminum handlebar. It's been outside since September; snow, rain it went through it all. He finally moved it this spring...under the four wheeler lol. That makes me cringe

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah mine stays outside but gets started that's horrible

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never leave saws outside. I will leave them in the truck but it has a topper on it. Most saws are in the shop except for the ones I'm actually using or intending to use... I don't have enough "roof" to keep all my equipment out of the weather but if I did, I would. Sun and rain is hard on hydraulics, gearboxes, hoses, tires, etc.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually clean them right after and they all live in the spare bedroom ( my indoor garage ).
If its late and dont clean they may stay in ahed for night.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saws stayed outside until we started hearing of folks thieving: I can remember as a kid stepping over 026s, or an 044, or 268s, in the back of service trucks until their once a year cleaning out: the goal was once a year it always seemed . [emoji38]

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i hate leaving my stuff out.my ford has a fiberglass bed cover.came in real handy in a way but in another way creates a mess with all my stuff piled in.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When in use my saws have to endure whatever weather I have to.
After use they are placed on a shelf inside a closed room.

They ARE tools, but they are made of plastic, rubber and metal so I store them out of natures reach (sun, rain).
Also, I don't use my saw every day, thus it is also a matter of cleaning up my working area which includes putting the saws back to their designated places.