High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Lawn-Boy collectors

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
8:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i went head first in this yard grass was tall i raised the deck to the highest setting and it was still tall the old D600 didn't struggle to bad
but i did because it was 93 degrees and 80% humidity grass was damp also.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rebuild kit from local OPE shop for my 'Silver series'.
Piston kit, main bearings, seals and gaskets for $51.25
Did I do OK?

Now to make the time to overhaul him.[emoji849]

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Good video Jake , I've never worked on the V series is there anything in common with the D or F ?
I have to rebuild the M series I have , it's in good shape but just abused I think by the original owner . I know they have that carb issue but I'll deal with that when I get to it .

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good video Jake , I've never worked on the V series is there anything in common with the D or F ?
I have to rebuild the M series I have , it's in good shape but just abused I think by the original owner . I know they have that carb issue but I'll deal with that when I get to it .
uses the same coil as the duraforce the V engine is based on the F engine but has a bigger bore and isn't as well balanced i know the V series has a lot more compression compared the the F engines has a lot more power than the earlier lawn boys the only thing lacking is the exhaust system they are louder than any other series.
and the carbs can interchange on these and the F some of the v's used either the plastic carb or the metal walbro some were primer models others were choke models.

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been running a Lawnboy two cycle mower since I started cutting grass at age 11.
My current LB is a Commercial Duraforce 22261. I am on the lookout for a M-series Commercial with the oil injection and the Suzuki motor.
I gave away an M-series last spring. It needed that large cable that controls the safety brake and such. It was a monster in size compared to what I am used to. The gas tank leaked too, which I found out is a common problem with these. I didn't realize that it had a Suzuki motor, although it would make sense being it was made when Toro first took them over and they used a Suzuki on some models.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I gave away an M-series last spring. It needed that large cable that controls the safety brake and such. It was a monster in size compared to what I am used to. The gas tank leaked too, which I found out is a common problem with these. I didn't realize that it had a Suzuki motor, although it would make sense being it was made when Toro first took them over and they used a Suzuki on some models.
you need my 1980 7268 was 3.5 hp F engine now it has cylinder and carb off a mid 90's 5hp F engine it can really kick some ass.

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you need my 1980 7268 was 3.5 hp F engine now it has cylinder and carb off a mid 90's 5hp F engine it can really kick some ass.

That thing runs and sounds like a field chopper in a corn field. Throws a lot of forage out too. Looks really strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My '77 has the plastic carb with no low speed adjustment. While mowing a bank downhill it will almost flood itself out. The "altitude adjustment" screw doesn't seem to make much difference either. It has a new float with the needle valve on it along with the $8 helper spring for the float.

How can I get this thing to lean out a little bit? There doesn't seem to be a way to change the float level either.
Thanks!

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My '77 has the plastic carb with no low speed adjustment. While mowing a bank downhill it will almost flood itself out. The "altitude adjustment" screw doesn't seem to make much difference either. It has a new float with the needle valve on it along with the $8 helper spring for the float.

How can I get this thing to lean out a little bit? There doesn't seem to be a way to change the float level either.
Thanks!

send me a model of mower so i can find you a solution.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Lol that's a good one! No I have the handle off of it so I could get it to the basement easier. That is my chainsaw shop cave in the new house.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah they are nice and light , I love my brick top and my oldest son has one as well that he cuts his large yard with .