trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
11:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this Laser bar from Cutters Choice that is made in China and Tri Link chain. The first Laser bar I bought was made by Tsumura and I heard that Laser bars were also made by a company called OEM in Germany. I'm hesitant to use anything thats made in China, some good most bad. Anyone got any experience with Laser bars made in China or Tri Link chain? Undecided whether I want to keep it or return it. Thanks.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Walmart sells Tri-link chain. Thats about all I got.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
http://opeforum.com/threads/tri-link-spotted-at-wally-world.2356/

For me TriLink has mediocre cutting performance factory new out of the box, good cutting performance after "tuning" the loop which mostly consists of cutting off the shark fins off the bumper links and resetting the rakers.
For whatever reason the TriLink loops I have are fairly oblivious to dulling when cutting dirt infested firewood logs - oddly chisel behaves better in that regard than semi-chisel.
If You got the chains affordable keep them, if You were charged premium price return them.

I can not comment on the bar.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. Got another loop of Tri Link thats hanging with my other spares to sell. Thats good to know. I guess its good chain to mess around with, as not much is invested in it. Didnt pay premium price, it came with the bar which was at a decent price also, but not cheap per say.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chain that came with my Chinese saw had the trilink logo on it but in a bag with Oregon graphics not sure, guessing it's the real deal chain but no qc done on sharpening. The cutters were all different heights, the gullets were all different shapes, some of the cutters had burns from the grinder and some big burrs.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
10:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some people have reported good results with TriLink and Archer chains. Some of this may be 'value based' (compared to the price of other chains), but some has been performance based ('I cut xxx cords without needing to resharpen'). One of the TriLink reps told me about improvements they were making in quality - could be sales hype, or they could be improving. Consistent quality is a key for me. So there might be differences between older stock chain, and newer stuff coming out of the factories. No date codes on the packages (unlike cheese, etc.), so it can be hard to know!

Best way is to try it and see how it works for you.

Phlbert

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I'll give it a shot. I am wondering about the bar to. Laser made in China. Seems like Tsumura makes their lightweight bars, and whoever is naking their regular bars. What the hell. I'll try both of them.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doesn’t look like a great grind. That doesn’t bother me so long as it holds the edge you put on it when necessary.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tried a couple TriLink chains. Not impressed. Didn’t hold an edge and they didn’t sharpen well. The extra money for Oregon is well spent.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like its not deep enough and maybe a better profile on the wheel? Also head angle could be off too.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why not look at the upstart chain on amazon that czed likes? It's like $11 per loop.