High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Kool Grind

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes! Have them on two grinders 1 for 3/8", 1-.325. Spare 3/8" in drawer. Got all mine on Ebay 1 here 1 there be patient check often you can pick em up cheap. Look up Foley Belsaw got my spare for $50.
Shep

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would only want them for my Stihl USG. I forget the arbor size. 10 or 12 mm. Is that what size you are finding on ebay?

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stihl is different arbor than Oregon. Stihl wheels do come up from time to time.

Shep

earlthegoat2

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A big part of my job is sharpening tool steel blades. The advantages of CBN over a vitrified wheel are many and the extra cost is negated by their results and longevity.....at least from a profit seeking business point of view.

The CBN wheel lasts longer, hardly clogs so needs little dressing, does not frange so does not make as much dust, holds its shape for a long time, and puts on a keener edge in my opinion, does not blue the steel as easily while removing more material, and does all of this while Giving you a finished product faster.

Downsides that I can think of are up front costs and it will not work on carbide. You need diamond for that.

However, the Stihl wheels for the USG are pretty good.

Aciera

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A big part of my job is sharpening tool steel blades. The advantages of CBN over a vitrified wheel are many and the extra cost is negated by their results and longevity.....at least from a profit seeking business point of view.

The CBN wheel lasts longer, hardly clogs so needs little dressing, does not frange so does not make as much dust, holds its shape for a long time, and puts on a keener edge in my opinion, does not blue the steel as easily while removing more material, and does all of this while Giving you a finished product faster.

Downsides that I can think of are up front costs and it will not work on carbide. You need diamond for that.

However, the Stihl wheels for the USG are pretty good.

Well put.
How long does a Norbite dressing stick last? The same stuff in CBN wheels.
20 years dressing resinoid wheels and I radiused the edge.
As earlthegoat2 will agree I'm sure. CBN wheels last for YEARS.
He will also agree you can "dress" or shape a CBN wheel......but on a surface or ID/OD grinder only.
So on a chain grinder you clean a CBN wheel and dress the regular wheels.
Kool grind keeps the steel from the chain out of the regular wheels.
And the compressed air does too. The lower the temp the less steel transfers, regular or CBN.
Drone over. Lol