Kohler ech 749

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
2:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
got a kohler ech 749 efi that is running so rich it’s getting gas in oil. Hooked up software and not seeing any problems. Was testing pump pressure and injectors leakage until I found out new hose testing adapter had a leak . Any other tech ran across this ? Engines has new muffler and o2 sensors put in few months ago.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
got a kohler ech 749 efi that is running so rich it’s getting gas in oil. Hooked up software and not seeing any problems. Was testing pump pressure and injectors leakage until I found out new hose testing adapter had a leak . Any other tech ran across this ? Engines has new muffler and o2 sensors put in few months ago.

Do a ECU reset and TPS learn and see where you are. Thing about the EFI is it learns bad habits. If the engine was run with a plugged air filter for a prolonged time and then a new air filter was installed the mixture will be WAY too rich.

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
cool thank you. have you did the kohler efi class yet. everything i sign up they cancel cause too small of a class

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
cool thank you. have you did the kohler efi class yet. everything i sign up they cancel cause too small of a class

I have not taken the class but the Deere dealership I served my apprenticeship with is a Walker dealer. Walker has been mostly EFI for 20+ years now so I am pretty familiar with the systems.

Last edited: