Knee pads, anyone?

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you're bucking a big 'un, taking a knee is helpful. Anyone use kneepads, got any advice on what to buy? Hmmm... wonder if they make any like this... it would be helpful if they had a velcro strap or something such that you don't have to put them on over your boots. Not sure they'd be comfortable enough to wear for hours.

EDIT: Hmmm, I just remembered... I think I bought some pants a few years back that have knee pads in them. I haven't seen those in a long time, wonder what happened to them! They had slip-in kneepads.

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's hot here; except winter, I wear shorts. Chaps help but I don't always have them.

Outback

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LABONVILLE Full Wrap Chainsaw Chaps. Made in the USA chaps are the best knee pads you could get cause they pad more than your knee with safety. If there not padded enough buy the competition version it has more layers. Two retired loggers told me that the cut you don't see coming is the sprocket walkin around behind your leg and hitting your calf when limbing. I asked what I should worry about, and that's what they said. Once you have the chaps just stop wearing shorts at all if there too warm.
:coleman:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai...hUKEwiN7vSwpOzjAhXqwVQKHZ9_AOEQ9aACCE8&adurl=

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's hot here; except winter, I wear shorts. Chaps help but I don't always have them.
I live in SC. I seem to always be cutting in the summer as well. It's hot as heck here too. I cut in 90+F and high humidity as well. I also sometimes wear shorts but almost always have chaps on. If the OP is wearing padded pants those are going to be hot too.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

foeke

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Chaps. No matter the temperature.
Have you ever seen a chainsaw wound?
Even the black knight would be annoyed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You mean now bar? Those things are bad about catching your things as you move or walk. Id for sure wear chaos with them

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, since the OP asked about Knee Pads specifically: www.proknee.com

I'm in the trades and have used my original pair of these nearly every stinkin' day since the early mid 90's

Finally broke down and sent them back to be rebuilt over Christmas time and man I missed 'em the week or so they were gone.

I can't say I'd wear them running a saw, but if it's the best knee pad you're looking for ever made, look at these.

They now offer a shorter version which only covers the knee, mine are full length so I can't comment on those shorter ones.

If you call, ask for Michelle and tell her Mel from Connecticut sent you.

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, since the OP asked about Knee Pads specifically: www.proknee.com

I'm in the trades and have used my original pair of these nearly every stinkin' day since the early mid 90's

Finally broke down and sent them back to be rebuilt over Christmas time and man I missed 'em the week or so they were gone.

I can't say I'd wear them running a saw, but if it's the best knee pad you're looking for ever made, look at these.

They now offer a shorter version which only covers the knee, mine are full length so I can't comment on those shorter ones.

If you call, ask for Michelle and tell her Mel from Connecticut sent you.

Funny that you responded; just this morning, I ordered some knee pads, lol! Not yours, some cheap ones. Now, back to yours. I wonder why they couldn't make something like this for chainsaws. Kind of like a shin guard a hockey player would use or maybe a baseball catcher? And make them structurally such that it would stop a chain saw?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think if I recall correctly, Madsen's has pads that go into double front logger jeans.

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ultra Comfort Gel Knee Pads from Duluth Trading Company are my favorite. I put a coat of Shoe Goo on the front when new for some extra toughness. I also Shoe Goo the toes of my new boots, great for crawling on concrete.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wear two different types of knee pads while cutting. Labonville full wraps or clogger zeros. The latter I would recommend for hot weather.