High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Just chaps my hide.

mnmforestry

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I do tree work and logging. I take time to go out look at jobs and talk and estimate these jobs with the home owners or land owners. I give them a price and everything is agreed upon. Two to three weeks later when you get to there job on the list. Call them and tell them a day ahead of time to let them know that I will be at their site the following day and they say we have decided to just not do the job or what really gets me is when they say we have already gotten the job done by someone else who was just a few dollars cheaper than you. No phone call or nothing to let you know. After you have planned and moved equipment and scheduled your men to be at a certain place then they just drop the bomb like its no big deal. What's it coming to when you can agree with a man, shake his hand on the deal and watch him back out faster than you can blink. I just don't get the way people think and the way they live their lives anymore. Sorry, rant over. I feel butter now.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The whole world is going down the *s-wordter. :loco:

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have noticed that the bad people are beginning to out number the good people

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
3:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone ever tried asking for a deposit? I wonder if even $100 up front to get on the schedule might help retain jobs better. I don't think people would squirm at being asked for $100 but after paying they wouldn't shop for someone cheaper...

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
People suck....just the way it is I guess. Had that happen to many times when I was selling parts on C/L. But every once in awhile you'd get that guy who simply came and got the part......no lowering the price crap....no acting like he doesn't have enough money the second he gets there...just comes and goes. Those are getting harder to find. lol

mnmforestry

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
People suck....just the way it is I guess. Had that happen to many times when I was selling parts on C/L. But every once in awhile you'd get that guy who simply came and got the part......no lowering the price crap....no acting like he doesn't have enough money the second he gets there...just comes and goes. Those are getting harder to find. lol
Amen buddy

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This forum gives me hope though. Everyone who I've interacted with has been first rate. In all honesty, 98% of the interactions I had on AS were with good people too.

I feel for you though. It's hard to make a living providing a service. The general population seems to want things done immediately and they want a deal or will search and search to find someone who will do it cheaper (often with poor results).

Last edited:

mnmforestry

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This forum gives me hope though. Everyone who I've interacting with has been first rate. In all honesty, 98% of the interactions I had on AS were with good people too.

I feel for you though. It's hard to make a living providing a service. The general population seems to want things done immediately and they want a deal or will search and search to find someone who will do it cheaper (often with poor results).
Wish I could like this 100 times.

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This forum gives me hope though. Everyone who I've interacted with has been first rate. In all honesty, 98% of the interactions I had on AS were with good people too.

So true guys

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run into the same thing as an electrician. Give someone a very fair bid on a project...to lose out, because someone bid 2-3% lower than you. Or they find a buddy of a buddy's brother that knows a little about electrical. Can't count how many of these I have had to fix.
I've had the client look back at me and say thanks for fixing...and realized it would have been quicker, and cheaper in the long run, to haven't done properly the first time.