High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

PAST July 22 5th annual Chisago County Fair Chainsaw Races!!!

Andydodgegeek

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I am still alive. I have not been on here in a long time. Saturday, July 22 at about 4 pm we will be having our 5th year of Chainsaw Racing at the Chisago County Fair. It is always a good time and everyone is invited to come and play. We have classes for stock, woods ported, and new this year will be an additional unlimited class. Might try a few different things to keep everyone on their toes. If you can make it great, if you can let me know, even better. Thanks

Last edited:

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm going. Count me in.
Is there going to be any tune and test pieces to slice on?

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a great time last year even though we got a little wet. I already have it marked on the calendar. Thanks for getting this going Andy!

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
5:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Count me in Andy. Thanks to you and Sarah for all the work put in to make this happen. Let me know if there is anything you'll need help with.

Nick

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I had big plans to go this year. My wife asked me if I had anything scheduled in July I said yea this and her reply was you can't go your sister is getting married that day! Spaced that out completely, I guess I'll have to tell my sister to get married a different day haha

Sarahdodgegeek

Creepy Treemonkey Groupie
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hope to see you all there!!!

Remember to come early (before the parade) to get a decent parking spot and be prepared to start when the parade ends. Schedule says 430, but we pretty much start whenever the parade ends.
Here's a link to the website for the fair schedule...http://www.chisagocountyfair.org/fair-schedule.html

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Update for the races:
There will be 3 classes available for each cc size. Definitions of the classes may be subject to further refinement, but are listed below:
BONE STOCK - defined as NO performance enhancements - this is designed to make it fun for locals and beginners as well
WOODS PORTED - if you've got a cut squish, decked cylinder, altered port timing, muffler modification, or thinned carb shaft, you'll be in this class.
RACE SAW - if you have a 2 piece head, the saw runs on something other than gas/2stroke, you have a non-original carb/intake, or run an expansion pipe, you'll be in this class.
VINTAGE - your saw was manufactured prior to chain brakes
As in previous years, there will be plaques presented to the Stock and mod class winners. Adding the race saw class is new this year - we did not request trophy plaques for it yet - sorry, maybe next year, we'll see how it goes. We'll be running in the following size classes:
35 & under (by recent request, but no trophy available)
36-45 cc
46-55 cc
56-65 cc
66-75 cc
76-86 cc
over 86 cc
Vintage
There are often groups of saws such as Zips that will group and run in classes for fun. All are welcome!
We'll be bringing race cants of various sizes. Your cut area will be measured and marked at 5" so we can get the most out of the wood. If we can, we'll grab an extra round or two to play with.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Also - we'll be leaving our house via caravan of Dodges around 145 for a 2pm-ish arrival at the fairgrounds

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Had some questions/concern raised in a different site about my previous post. Send there's some angst around specifically muffler mods... This is how I responded there:

The point was to make it a bit more competitive and enjoyable for new folks and locals who don't know about that kind of thing (muffler mods) so they don't feel as though there's no chance of winning.

As noted in the previous post, the rules are subject to further definition. I'm not ruling out the possibility of adjusting the rules, but we've done this based on feedback from the few folks who have tried and been beaten badly by saws with small performance enhancements like muffler mods.

No one's going to be tearing down people's saws... We will just have to trust that people will be honest. After all this is all just for fun anyways. Nothing is set in stone, we can make up rules as we go along. This isn't NASCAR. 

That having been said, we'll have to play it by ear when we get there. If there's an overwhelming number of only muffler mod saws and almost no bone stock, then we may well roll them back together. But if there's enough local/new interest, we also wanted to consider introducing folks into the sport.

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So race chains are allowed in the stock class? Just asking since I'm still unemployed and could possibly make this trip next week.
[emoji15] uh..... Well, that's a really good question. I've polled a few folks here... The consensus: is why not! [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like it's shaping up to be a nice day!
40dba57d8a5a2d1e522a3d138c924315.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk