Jred 2071 build

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. Don't matter really. The tillotson has a better low end response I think. Mattyo had 3 for sale recently

I tried a rwj on my 385 and went back to the tilly. Just a better worksaw with the tilly imo.

Excellent..thanks. My 385 has the Tilly, I have been advised it’s preferable to a walbro but good to hear it again before she goes back together.

And just so I don’t completely hi jack this thread...the OP will hopefully port said 385

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent..thanks. My 385 has the Tilly, I have been advised it’s preferable to a walbro but good to hear it again before she goes back together.

And just so I don’t completely hi jack this thread...the OP will hopefully port said 385

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure Mike would love to port that 385!

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw has been worked a bit this winter, been a good saw til the other day. Started makin a little noise and I stopped using her. Shop says that the crank bearings aren't any good! This has nothing to do with Mike, might just be a bad set of the bearings?

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would be more confident in the piston then I would the bearings.
they are play saw parts and it looks like you actually use it.

Thank you for following up and showing how it held up over time. I would be interested in seeing some tear down pics when the time comes.

David

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While I don’t log professionally, I have put quite a few hours on my Jred woh a dominant piston. She seems to do fine in both, racing and working. Shouldn’t have an issue selling the piston though I guess if you make the change.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the Piston is a good option. The one that I ported from Cole had enough time on it to where the dominant logo was starting to fade, but there were no scratches of any sort on the piston. And they look very strong for their weight.