JONSERED Jonsereds

JasonRKBA

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know where I can get AV buffers for a 510SP?

Thanks. Jason.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK guys, I have this Jonsered service CD from 2004. Haven't used it in years. Doesn't even work on the newer shop computers here at the store, so I need to take it home and see what's actually on there. I do remember IPL's as far back as the 621 being on it. CD cover states that there are service bulletins and workshop manuals as well.

I'd be happy to send this to somebody who is far more tech savvy than I am; maybe @malk315 so that this info can be shared with everyone. I've got all this info either on paper or in my head, so I don't need the disc. But first let me take this home and have a look at, and I'll get back to everyone over the weekend and we'll go from there.

We gotta keep all these Jonnys in good health. :)

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK guys, I have this Jonsered service CD from 2004. Haven't used it in years. Doesn't even work on the newer shop computers here at the store, so I need to take it home and see what's actually on there. I do remember IPL's as far back as the 621 being on it. CD cover states that there are service bulletins and workshop manuals as well.

I'd be happy to send this to somebody who is far more tech savvy than I am; maybe @malk315 so that this info can be shared with everyone. I've got all this info either on paper or in my head, so I don't need the disc. But first let me take this home and have a look at, and I'll get back to everyone over the weekend and we'll go from there.

Would it have any 930 info by any chance?

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I wonder if these could be put on a thumb drive.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I wonder what @ray benson the manual man could do with them?

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder what @ray benson the manual man could do with them?
Had a member ask for OEM Factory service manuals (or copies) for 451E, 49SP, 621 and 70E. All I have are the small Clymer service manuals. Anyone have these? Would like to get copies if they are in pdf. Maybe @malk315 would burn me a copy of spikes disk.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Bob you've done so many good things for me I would be honored to take the CD and copy the data off of it and make it online via one of my websites for anyone to download and use accordingly.
If the data is not in something simple like PDF form, I'll do my best to convert it so it's easy to look at online or print to having in the shop!

Once you take it home and look at it, let me know if you would like to send it to me I'll PM my address to ya.

Cheers. Yes -- all Jonnys are worth it!

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 510sp runs great after a little tlc, sharpened the chain and tuned the carb. Chain brake is fully functional even, must say it has the flimsiest rear handle I’ve ever seen.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this thing running here on the old computer at the house. There is at least a 930 IPL on here, along with some service bulletins, P 61.

This thing is not just saws. Trimmers, tractors, accesories. Anybody ever hear of the Split 40? A small wood splitter that could either be powered by a brush cutter engine, or an electric motor. (The Split 40EL.) Well here ya go. We might never have seen the 2147 chain saw here in the US, but ther was a 2147 lawn mower. Having fun looking at all of the odd things that are in here.

The pre-electrolux saws like the 70E's have the Elux numbering which in most cases is simply a "50" in front of the original numbers that you'd see on the paper IPL's. If it's common hardware it will likely have the Husky numbers.

Service bulletins are naturally far more complete for the newer saws up into the 90's. Search 70 E and you don't see much, but search 2051 and there's a lot of info here. There's this really strange thing for the 2051 called the chimney which plumbs the exhaust through flexible tubing to finally exit out behind the operator who is wearing some kind of harness on his back. Talk about a muffler mod.

Eric, I'm pretty sure I still have your address, so I'll send it over to you and you can have a go with it. I'm going to see what else is lurking in there while I'm enjoying my Sunday morning coffee here first. :)

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this thing running here on the old computer at the house. There is at least a 930 IPL on here, along with some service bulletins, P 61.

This thing is not just saws. Trimmers, tractors, accesories. Anybody ever hear of the Split 40? A small wood splitter that could either be powered by a brush cutter engine, or an electric motor. (The Split 40EL.) Well here ya go. We might never have seen the 2147 chain saw here in the US, but ther was a 2147 lawn mower. Having fun looking at all of the odd things that are in here.

The pre-electrolux saws like the 70E's have the Elux numbering which in most cases is simply a "50" in front of the original numbers that you'd see on the paper IPL's. If it's common hardware it will likely have the Husky numbers.

Service bulletins are naturally far more complete for the newer saws up into the 90's. Search 70 E and you don't see much, but search 2051 and there's a lot of info here. There's this really strange thing for the 2051 called the chimney which plumbs the exhaust through flexible tubing to finally exit out behind the operator who is wearing some kind of harness on his back. Talk about a muffler mod.

Eric, I'm pretty sure I still have your address, so I'll send it over to you and you can have a go with it. I'm going to see what else is lurking in there while I'm enjoying my Sunday morning coffee here first. :)
This sounds really neat, and definitely looking forward to seeing it. I also enjoyed your video on the 9 series.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, I'm learning stuff here myself. Just discovered that when all of the 670 family saws went to a different crankshaft taper on the flywheel side around 1994 that a husky crank with the same part number is actually a little too long. So, you have to look for an "engineering letter" on the crank. B for Husky, C for Jonny.

I gotta turn this thing off and do something constructive . LOL

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Jonsered 2055 I am putting together so do you put a sealant on the bearing cup like you would with the 2150?

Last edited:

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 510sp runs great after a little tlc, sharpened the chain and tuned the carb. Chain brake is fully functional even, must say it has the flimsiest rear handle I’ve ever seen.

I have a couple of the 520SP and really like the weight and power of them. Based on recommendations from the Europe guys I've just run 8t drive and .325 chain and like that setup. I've kept eyes open for a 510SP in local area, but have not ran into one. Always thought that rear handle was odd, but just wanted to try one as same engine as the 520 and 525 and see what the handle felt like in use. Good luck with your new saw addition.

I need to get back to repairs on my 2051. Darn good saw, just prior owner did the classic with that chassis with wearing a hole in oil tank and tank seam is leaking oil. Time to try stopping it up with something again and trying to decide what to try next.