JONSERED Jonsereds

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like a good plan for the 87cc. I'm slow on all my projects. To many repairs for other people always getting in the way.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Jonny ya got there. What Husky is it equivalent to?

The 2153 on Fleabay went for $297.00. Good deal but not great I think.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Jonny ya got there. What Husky is it equivalent to?

The 2153 on Fleabay went for $297.00. Good deal but not great I think.

I think it's similar to a 346, with a different cylinder kit, basically the crankcases are the same. Mine has 45 stamped on the top of the cylinder, so 45mm... it is more like a 353 than 346.

Doesn't scream like a 346 that has high rpm power, but it does have the grunt at a little lower rpm. I think it's closed port as well. Not sure yet as I haven't pulled the cylinder off.

That's about how much these are, good deal, but like you said, not exceptionally great. Fair deal, really. For both parties. I'm happy, he's happy.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it was a 346 I bet it would have fetched $100 more. Those have a fanatical following.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it was a 346 I bet it would have fetched $100 more. Those have a fanatical following.

That's what the guy I bought the 2152 from said. 346's have a huge fan base, and let's not forget that some people think they need more than one of them... he has a couple of them.

I'm happy with a 2152, it will be a nice saw for my dad once he is allowed to play with chainsaws again. (yes, he had minor mishap three weeks ago, mom wasn't too happy about it)

It will also be nice for cutting the small stuff (5" or less) that I have piled up, which all of it is a tad too long for our stove. 372 is overkill for small stuff. Is it fun to cut small stuff with it? Yes, it zips right through without even getting loaded down. Economical and efficient? No, not really, burning more fuel and using more bar oil.

But... most of us don't really care about the economics... we all have several saws... enough to fit a ridiculous number of city buses with saws sticking out the sides to cut zombie heads off.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a bar and chain at my local Oregon dealer/saw chain sharpening shop. 50 bucks for a 16" Pro Lite bar and a loop of LGX chain. Chain was 17 bucks, which is 4 bucks more than LoggerChain.com Bar was 36, which was 3 bucks more than LC.com By the time I paid shipping, etc. then I would have about the same into the set up.

I can live with that. I try to support local businesses. Only thing I don't like is the fact that I can't get semi chisel from this dealer... he only sells chisel. I could probably get him to order some semi chisel, but only if I pay for it and the shipping, he won't stock it on the shelf.

Also ordered a clutch removal tool from the local Husky dealer. 20 bucks. Have to change the rim from .325" to 3/8" Sure, could've paid 15 bucks for the shop to change it for me, but what fun is that?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try to support my local guys whenever I can, however the only dealers who really carry a large selection of anything here are Stihl. Usually, I end up supporting a local guy several states away!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gave the 2150 some exercise today on a dead maple. This saw really makes the chips fly with the 20LPX chain. Not as fast as the Dolly 5105 of course, but still quite good. One thing that was rather surprising was how much vibration made it to the handles. The Dolly and my Echoes do a better job of keeping the vibes down. It wasn't unbearable by any means, and a semi-chisel chain would probably be smoother. I brought my tachometer and set it to 12300 at WOT no load. The saw seems to like this so I'm going to stick with it.

The one thing I don't like about the 2150 is the screws holding the top cover on. They like to vibrate loose and are slow to remove compared to clips that most saws use today. Overall, I am quite happy with the 2150. $125.00 well spent!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's something of dilemma. TSC has a new 2166 with 24" bar that has been there awhile and been marked down a few times. It is currently $599.95, which is cheaper than any others I have found. I'm wondering if I should start getting in the manager's ear about just how low he would go on it. I'm curious as just how low he would go, given that nobody around here is going to buy a new saw this size that isn't Stihl or Husky and TSC is about to part ways with Jonny.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's something of dilemma. TSC has a new 2166 with 24" bar that has been there awhile and been marked down a few times. It is currently $599.95, which is cheaper than any others I have found. I'm wondering if I should start getting in the manager's ear about just how low he would go on it. I'm curious as just how low he would go, given that nobody around here is going to buy a new saw this size that isn't Stihl or Husky and TSC is about to part ways with Jonny.

I'd buy it.

Change the transfer covers over to 372XT/2172 and you will have a good saw. Yes, that is all you have to do to wake one of those or the new XTorq 365's. They are the 372XT/2172 cylinder with transfer covers that are partially blocked off.

Even if he doesn't drop the price, that is a good deal.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would do it if I had an extra $600.00. The price would have to go down even more to get me to put it on plastic.

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm curious as just how low he would go, given that nobody around here is going to buy a new saw this size that isn't Stihl or Husky and TSC is about to part ways with Jonny.
All TSC's parting way with Jonsered?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
According to some folks on this forum, Jonny will continue on with consumer saws.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back on topic, yesterday I dropped a big elm tree with my Dolly 5105 and cut the trunk into more maneageable sections. Today or tomorrow I am going to cut it up proper with the Jonny 2150. Both are 50cc saws, the Dolly is a pro saw that is somewhat hotrodded from the factory whereas the Jonny is a farm and firewood type like a Rancher or Farm Boss. Will be interested to see how the two compare!

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back on topic, yesterday I dropped a big elm tree with my Dolly 5105 and cut the trunk into more maneageable sections. Today or tomorrow I am going to cut it up proper with the Jonny 2150. Both are 50cc saws, the Dolly is a pro saw that is somewhat hotrodded from the factory whereas the Jonny is a farm and firewood type like a Rancher or Farm Boss. Will be interested to see how the two compare!
I love my 5105 and believe it is the strongest and smoothest stock 50cc on the market as far as I can tell (have tried all brands). But I still prefer the 2152 with .325 chain for light trimming, brush ,etc. It's just a bit lighter, thinner and easier handling.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk