High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Jonsered Shocker!

vtrombly1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Joe just asked about a 288 vid yesterday. Talked to Walt over the weekend and we just gotta pick a time to do it. Not a ton of variations like many other chassis, so it could be quick and informative.

Now on those big saws.............. you guys need to tell Walt @afleetcommand to get his 298 up and running. I've been nagging him for over a year on that one. I've got a couple 2100's, 285CD, 480CD. Want to call it "Heavy Metal Huskys". But he doesn't like to do a topic if he doesn't have a saw of his own. I get that, cause going through one is how you get to know what makes it tick. Kind of hard to talk about it without having the experience of building one.

Do you have the high top 288 for the video Bob? Be nice to see your take on it. IMHO its one of the best saws husky ever built I have to get mine out at least once a season for felling here and there just to hear it bark.

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if we'll see a return of actual zenoah saws like the g5000. Your new husqys would be much different without zenoah. Redmax here in california has a big following as far as trimmers and blowers go. To bad they never took that ebz8500 crank, piston and cylinder and made a saw with it.

taplinhill

Hiding behind the Chainsaws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I find the drawing of the 2188/G9000 and RedMax logo on the G5000 Tag very interesting and it brings up a question I've had since this horrible news broke. Are the RedMax saws going to be Jonsereds with new decals or will they follow the practice of the Redmax versions of the 353/570 and be Husqvarna styling/handle angle in red? The G9000 drawing is a 2188 (duh!) but the RedMax logo is very 550xp-ish.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Best Answer ^^^^^

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hate to see the name leave myself.
But I also liked the real redmax zenoah made saws I used too. Not the relabeled ones.

Jred had their own spot at the PBS. Didnt see anything listed redmax. Would have to check my listings to see for sure.

pbs6.jpg

Shanson

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any updates on this? Up here in Maine it's like nothing is happening. Tractor supply says they haven't heard anything and the local rental place that sells jonsered had just heard about it two weeks after I saw it on here. Would buy a couple if they were marking them down sometime soon.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apparently, Jonny still had a presence at the expo in Louisville. However there were also some there that had been relabelled as Redmax, so it looks like the brand is dying a slow death.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apparently, Jonny still had a presence at the expo in Louisville. However there were also some there that had been relabelled as Redmax, so it looks like the brand is dying a slow death.
I saw a map of the expo and the jreds were in the poulan booth. I think there going to be the TSC and Menards up scale brand.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm, I don't know if that is such a good thing. Poulan has been dying an agonizing death ever since being relegated to a strictly homeowner brand and I see no reason why the same wouldn't happen to Jonny.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm, I don't know if that is such a good thing. Poulan has been dying an agonizing death ever since being relegated to a strictly homeowner brand and I see no reason why the same wouldn't happen to Jonny.
Yes but they do update them poulans. I'm thinking I just have some jred stickers made to slap over the Redmax saws.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Poulan is a dying brand and they are gradually being replaced with homeowner Huskies. They only have two nearly identical models in production and around here the only places you can buy a new Poulan are those which are not a dealership for another brand such as Walmart and the odd small hardware store. Poulan Pro is the same except Lowe's and TSC (who sell non-pro Husky and Jred, respectively) carry a couple of their models. I don't see how Jonny will not meet a similar fate.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When has Poulan last had a noteworthy saw? For that matter, other than preferring black/red to orange or orange/grey, when has Jred made a standout saw? So what if they go the way of Mcculloch, Craftsman, etc?

The only two companies to innovate something are Husqvarna and Stihl, mostly with respect to strato design and auto tune/mtronic. Everything else is just another iteration of a saw design from another era.

There used to be a time when buying a home meant buying land. There were more farmers and ranchers and land to be developed. Now a days you buy a house with a quarter acre, and the few trees you have are decorative. Farmers use heavy machinery and a lot of land has already been developed. The chainsaw is a dying piece of equipment for everyone. And there's only so much room for so many brands.

After Jred and Poulan disappear, Dolmar/Makita will be next on the chopping block.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
9:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its early to draw a full conclussion yet, where I live JRed will be sold in one house material shop and the other one will probleby be one who sell garden&kitchen stuff.
Models we probleby gone see they place on their shops are 2234, 2238 and maybe 2250, doubt they plan to sell any real pro saws. And waranty cases will be chaotic.

I'm with Bob in everything he has said in this thread, a solid dealer can better just concentrate on Husky and skip RedMax/JRed, we all know Husky will be there tomorrow, the same can't be said about RedMax&JRed, and no one knows who gone do the waranty work for RedMax&JRed either.

I wouldnt be surprise if we will see both 439 and 543 comes in red colours

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
9:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those who wonder where JRed will end......................

I spoked with a very updated Husqvarna dealer today, he has been dealer since around 72.
It happens that one of the neightbour building to him is one of the dealers from Eik Maskin (biggest JRed chain dealer in Norway).
Eik Maskin has been offered to sell Huskies instead of JRed, and they have accepted the offer from Husqvarna and will swap brand january 2018.

There is no doubt that Husqvarna's plan with JRed is to transform the brand to be cheap products, and if the sale volume isn't superb they will probleby eliminate the brand.