High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Jonsered cs2159 bigger jug?

astnmacgto

Earn a living with white powdery substances
Local time
2:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance when it comes to newer saws. But, does anyone know if there is a direct bolt on jonsered cylinder to make it larger displacement?

Thanks in advance, Austin

astnmacgto

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No this the same as a 359, you can however swap a 357xp right into place, which has better ports right from the factory, I have a new oem in the box kit here pm me.
Well, I'm a little ways from being ready for a new cylinder, I bought this one used from an auction and I then found out it had been ported by God knows who, I need to take it apart and see what was done to it. It appears to run pretty hard but I haven't been able to put it in wood yet, we will see... I appreciate the offer and I will let you know if I need it though!

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
No this the same as a 359, you can however swap a 357xp right into place, which has better ports right from the factory, I have a new oem in the box kit here pm me.

Best answer tight there... Don't bother with an AM big bore kit. Just do the 357xp kit and maybe port that if you like. Will beat the stuffin out of pretty much any AM big bore kit.

Disclaimer: I have not used an AM big bore kit myself, going on conventional wisdom posted by those who have on more than one saw forum.

astnmacgto

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Best answer tight there... Don't bother with an AM big bore kit. Just do the 357xp kit and maybe port that if you like. Will beat the stuffin out of pretty much any AM big bore kit.

Disclaimer: I have not used an AM big bore kit myself, going on conventional wisdom posted by those who have on more than one saw forum.
Yeah, I have no intention of going aftermarket haha, but I didn't know if it was like how you can bolt a 372 jug on a 365 kinda thing

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
ChainsawJim slapped a 272 top end onto a 357... But alot went into that build. Anything is possible with the right tools and skillset... But yeah, if you need to do a top end replacement I would definitely do a 357 top end, bolts right up.

astnmacgto

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
ChainsawJim slapped a 272 top end onto a 357... But alot went into that build. Anything is possible with the right tools and skillset... But yeah, if you need to do a top end replacement I would definitely do a 357 top end, bolts right up.
Yeah buddy!

astnmacgto

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well boys, I figured out why it was at the auction. More than a little irritated about it, someone put too long of screws in the bottom part of the wrap handle and they rubbed a big fat hole in both sides of the case, causing any oil to evacuate.....

Didn't get any pics, but there will be some when I take the tank off....

Now I really have bigger worries than a bigger jug:cool:

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well boys, I figured out why it was at the auction. More than a little irritated about it, someone put too long of screws in the bottom part of the wrap handle and they rubbed a big fat hole in both sides of the case, causing any oil to evacuate.....

Didn't get any pics, but there will be some when I take the tank off....

Now I really have bigger worries than a bigger jug:cool:

Jb weld?

astnmacgto

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Auctions are a crap shoot.

It's all good, I only have 65 bucks in it pho, I just didn't wanna go this far, and now I definitely have to keep it.

Yep that's the plan, only one went through completely. So I will fill in the one hole and the one that went through I'm going to cut the head off a regular old deck screw, put some jb weld on the taper of the screw head (the holes wore into a taper on the case) then stick it in the hole to plug it off and then jb weld over top of it and I should be good to go

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow... never ceases to amaze me what some people will do to avoid picking up the correct hardware. I get it for that urgent "in the woods" repair... But still... That's just senseless.

Sometimes it is just out of ignorance, actually an easy mistake to make for a novice. Meh, I have seen a lot worse, clean her up and JB, will be good to go.