High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Jonsered 510SP Revival

iamduck82

Active OPE Member
Local time
3:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I recently got back into off the beaten path camping. My dad passed down his trusty chainsaw for dealing with fallen trees, and gathering firewood. Its been sitting for years and the last person to use it was my dads now ex.... she wasn't nice to it.

things i know it needs:
Chain

Things is might need:
possibly Bar
Carb Rebuild/Cleaning

questions i have for the masses.

1. Bar/chain: the saw still has its original 15" bar with 0.325/.050/64 chain.
  • Should i consider swapping the bar and chain out for a narrow kerf and a lighter bar?
  • Whats a good replacement chain for the stock bar? (i need more than brand.... spent 3 hours filtering through Oregon, Stihl and Husquavarna trying to determine what i need)
2. Carb Rebuild/Cleaning

• I've rebuilt motorcycle carbs before but finding parts for this thing hasn't been the easiest.... suggestions?
the issues i struggle with is i over think things and i'm a performance junkie. its a real sickness.... all i need is a good camp saw that can reliably operate and not need to be sharpened too frequently.

thank you in advance....

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently got back into off the beaten path camping. My dad passed down his trusty chainsaw for dealing with fallen trees, and gathering firewood. Its been sitting for years and the last person to use it was my dads now ex.... she wasn't nice to it.

things i know it needs:
Chain

Things is might need:
possibly Bar
Carb Rebuild/Cleaning

questions i have for the masses.

1. Bar/chain: the saw still has its original 15" bar with 0.325/.050/64 chain.
  • Should i consider swapping the bar and chain out for a narrow kerf and a lighter bar?
  • Whats a good replacement chain for the stock bar? (i need more than brand.... spent 3 hours filtering through Oregon, Stihl and Husquavarna trying to determine what i need)
2. Carb Rebuild/Cleaning

• I've rebuilt motorcycle carbs before but finding parts for this thing hasn't been the easiest.... suggestions?
the issues i struggle with is i over think things and i'm a performance junkie. its a real sickness.... all i need is a good camp saw that can reliably operate and not need to be sharpened too frequently.

thank you in advance....
Welcome to the site post some pics if you can.