High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Jonsered 2166 question

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Wondering how ya got about grinding the mini skirt?I seen a video that @Spike60 and Walt did and mentioned this.thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's what he said in the video [emoji23]

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe he meant piston skirt?I have a brand new 2166 I want to juice up.lol

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He takes a little bit off the intake skirt to increase duration. The stock 365xt (same saw) I messed with was a turd stock, until I ground the baffles out of the transfers (converts it to a 372xt with a low top filter... there is no other difference). I also matched the lower transfers to the base along with the rest of my mild xt recipe. Saw rips now. But yeah the best thing you can do is unplug the transfers and mm it. Just that alone will wake it up.

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
He takes a little bit off the intake skirt to increase duration. The stock 365xt (same saw) I messed with was a turd stock, until I ground the baffles out of the transfers (converts it to a 372xt with a low top filter... there is no other difference). I also matched the lower transfers to the base along with the rest of my mild xt recipe. Saw rips now. But yeah the best thing you can do is unplug the transfers and mm it. Just that alone will wake it up.
That was plan so far was removing the divider in the transfer caps,no base gasket and muffler mod to a empty Chinese can.im not grinding up a new oem muffler.lol

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe he meant piston skirt?I have a brand new 2166 I want to juice up.lol

I think he's talkeng about the piston skirt. I've got two and did the muffler mod, transfer covers and base gasket delete, I put a Lil Red Barn pop up in one. They both have around 190psi compression and run really good. Make sure you check the squish, the one without the pop up was at .016. The one with the pop up was the same until I took .004 off the piston.

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think he's talkeng about the piston skirt. I've got two and did the muffler mod, transfer covers and base gasket delete, I put a Lil Red Barn pop up in one. They both have around 190psi compression and run really good. Make sure you check the squish, the one without the pop up was at .016. The one with the pop up was the same until I took .004 off the piston.
I'll check it.if I have to I'll make a thin gasket to get me 0.020.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The squish band in both mine was a little weird, It was .016 closest to the cylinder wall and grew as it went closer toward the center to .020-.021.

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Did ya have to split the cases to match the lower transfers?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did ya have to split the cases to match the lower transfers?

Nope just use the gasket, on saws with time on them you can also see the marking where it doesn’t match up.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You use the stock blue coil??

I kept it yes, just tuned it to the point where it just starts to hit the limiter and left it there. I wouldn’t turn the heavy xt p/c up like a oe, there’s a reason why they have a limited coil.