AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welp, I was looking for some plastic for a 390 and Mike offered these. I decided that they'd look better dyed black than rusty brown. And I've never been much of a psp, anyway, so these fit the bill perfectly

View attachment 137015

Is it rattle can, or like an 2-part epoxy paint. I got some uglies I'm gonna dress up and curious what works on the plastic.

Sorry, @beaglebriar for the hijack. Somebody buy this saw! Lol.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it rattle can, or like an 2-part epoxy paint. I got some uglies I'm gonna dress up and curious what works on the plastic.

Sorry, @beaglebriar for the hijack. Somebody buy this saw! Lol.
Black Rit dye. I let them simmer for about 3 hours and the dye sinks about a third of the way into the plastic in that amount of time

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dyed the top cover of a Makita black. Wasn't happy with the dull look though seemed to amplify the scartches and stuff. Ended up painting it with plastic fusion spray paint. Really like the fusion it's holding up well.
Will this red and black rig fit a MMWS 357xpg cylinder? :cool:
Whats the difference between a xp and a xpg cylinder?You should pull the trigger on this so I can come up and run it.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dyed the top cover of a Makita black. Wasn't happy with the dull look though seemed to amplify the scartches and stuff. Ended up painting it with plastic fusion spray paint. Really like the fusion it's holding up well.

Whats the difference between a xp and a xpg cylinder?You should pull the trigger on this so I can come up and run it.
If the plastic is dull and scratched the dye job will be dull and scratched. If you dye shiny plastics you will get shiny dyed plastics.
5294c95864c78bdb4aedb07929564132.jpg