High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Jonsered 2159 - My Sons First Rebuild. She Lives!!!

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All joking aside we do need to get these boys up to speed with sharpening. Maybe those sharpening gages would be a good start for them. One things for sure, I don’t want to be on the vice every time one of them smokes a chain.

My vote is to start them out with a husky roller guide. That might give them a good visual and feel, as well as consistent results.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My vote is to start them out with a husky roller guide. That might give them a good visual and feel, as well as consistent results.
You nailed it! I have one that I don’t use anymore and I know it helped me understand what needed to be done when I was learning a few years ago.

NYH1

Tactical Chainsaw Operator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What does Austin think of the straight bar on the Johnny Red compared to the angled bar on the Husky? My son and I don't even really notice it.

NYH1.

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have both angled and straight and can't say I've ever noticed a difference.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you guys looked at them Pferd 2n1s ?

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent to see this thread progress. Now that it's full on motorcycle season, I don't get the time to check in as much but I sure liked following along this one. Way to go @ZukiRyder400 and welcome to the clan.

Lol! There’s always something isn’t there? I wish Austin would apply himself in school the way he applies himself in the barn, he would have a 100 average. Sadly that’s not the case, he’s getting there but it’s an uphill battle that you can guarantee we’re not giving up on.
Well, now you have a motivational tool. My son was/is the same way. He's graduating this month and committed to attend a 2 year program for welding... ;)

And to comment on the unusual squish band, I had something similar in the 2150 just not as pronounced as yours. I used an old piston and spray glued emory cloth on it to sand flat.
20170106_134024.jpg

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What does Austin think of the straight bar on the Johnny Red compared to the angled bar on the Husky? My son and I don't even really notice it.

NYH1.
I actually prefer the straight Jred bar. You wouldn’t know it by the saws I own...lol! I’ll have Austin log in later and reply to everyone.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, they’re straight across. Check out Austin’s next time you’re here
Yep, I've bought a 2150 handle bar on ebay and got a 350 one. Returned it and tried to educate the seller. He still lists 2150 and 350 as the same. :cursing:
Had the same deal with brake flags. Those parts are not interchangeable.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent to see this thread progress. Now that it's full on motorcycle season, I don't get the time to check in as much but I sure liked following along this one. Way to go @ZukiRyder400 and welcome to the clan.

Well, now you have a motivational tool. My son was/is the same way. He's graduating this month and committed to attend a 2 year program for welding... ;)

And to comment on the unusual squish band, I had something similar in the 2150 just not as pronounced as yours. I used an old piston and spray glued emory cloth on it to sand flat.
View attachment 123611
Wish I would’ve thought to sand the band. His saw is running good, we’ll fix it after wood is done.

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All joking aside we do need to get these boys up to speed with sharpening. Maybe those sharpening gages would be a good start for them. One things for sure, I don’t want to be on the vice every time one of them smokes a chain.
I know dad... I don't want you to be caught up on the work bench every time I hit my chain in the dirt.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know dad... I don't want you to be caught up on the work bench every time I hit my chain in the dirt.
It’s all good buddy, I’ll show ya the ropes on sharpening with a roller guide and you’ll be good to go. Learning how to correctly maintain your saw is more important than knowing how to rebuild one. If you do everything right, it will last you a very long time.

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s all good buddy, I’ll show ya the ropes on sharpening with a roller guide and you’ll be good to go. Learning how to correctly maintain your saw is more important than knowing how to rebuild one. If you do everything right, it will last you a very long time.
Just like my wheeler... If I take real good care of it it'll last me a good long while.

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

NYH1.
I think that the Johnny Red is more comfortable
Tech class again! :)

NYH1.
Well today i'm in my homeroom extra early, my teacher allows it every day I have been is school. Which is VERY AWESOME:):):):).

NYH1

Tactical Chainsaw Operator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think that the Johnny Red is more comfortable
Cool. My son, he's 16 likes his Johnny Red better as well.

Well today i'm in my homeroom extra early, my teacher allows it every day I have been is school. Which is VERY AWESOME:):):):).
I was just goshin ya. Prolly isn't a kid nowadays that doesn't use their phone in school! ;)

NYH1.