Jonsered 2077 taken apart/need to fix

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have some mechanical skills we could walk you through the reassembly.

Heck even if you don't it ain't that difficult.

Post up some pics of what you have going on.
Some of us like to watch The procedure of a saw gettin back in running order. Not to be amused at your expense but more like the hope we can learn something in the process.. If you took the time to look at some UTUBE before tackling this You would be a step ahead. I would wonder why your recoil is buggared as well as the oiler. Which went first the recoil or the oiler I would think some one forgot to use a piston stop when taking the clutch off ...

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Post close up pics of the saw
Post pics of what you have bought for it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^^ What Dave said.

krag

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of us like to watch The procedure of a saw gettin back in running order. Not to be amused at your expense but more like the hope we can learn something in the process.. If you took the time to look at some UTUBE before tackling this You would be a step ahead. I would wonder why your recoil is buggared as well as the oiler. Which went first the recoil or the oiler I would think some one forgot to use a piston stop when taking the clutch off ...

The recoil broke then the friend took it apart to address the oiler thinking it could be freed up, the thinking was that why fix the recoil if the oiler is too expensive, as a new one was like $125 but I found a used one.

I will try to get it pictured a little better and then try to do it step by step, there aren't like more than 20 parts right, so how complex could it be?

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The recoil broke then the friend took it apart to address the oiler thinking it could be freed up, the thinking was that why fix the recoil if the oiler is too expensive, as a new one was like $125 but I found a used one.

I will try to get it pictured a little better and then try to do it step by step, there aren't like more than 20 parts right, so how complex could it be?
Czed is on it
I was/am attempting to NOT be an irritating Lurker.
Don't be bashful with questions, I have learned some of the simplest things from reading what others are working on when some one out of left field chimes in with a post that gets my attention.. This site has some seriously experienced and knowledgeable members... Your saw should be an easy fix with their advice...

krag

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure that this will be educational for all concerned. My digital camera has a quirk where I have to take out the memory card to upload pics, so will try to get that done tomorrow.

krag

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took some more pictures:
c6HTbD6.jpg
ueFAUjf.jpg

I have two recoils, one broken the other was sent to me. Also two oil pump units, one is stripped the other I bought.

krag

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This shouldn't be that hard to put back together, right? Recoil, chain saw oiler? Does anyone have a step by step procedure?