Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the benefit of new guys who may not have been around when the members here started discovering that Jason the Impaler was using substandard workmanship, used parts, stolen parts, and other tricks to *f-word over customers well..... he is a con artist and a thief pure and simple, he was capable of doing some decent grinding on a cylinder but his skills ended there and his methods led to saws blowing up once they had a little time on them. Not even all of his grinding was decent so even if you buy a used JMS saw you need to be very aware of it’s history and know if it has been repaired by a real saw porter or not.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll add to @Definitive Dave statement to new folks about JMS saws, from my experience.
Making the grinding look good and it actually be of mechanical benefit to making an internal two stroke combustion engine actually run better are not the same. I would reference "maxxed out" and "everyone grinds through" as examples.
Stepping up to machining did no favors as it was off more than the belt sanded jugs I've witnessed.
The band was cut so deep the spark plugs had to be lucky enough to be indicated so as not to hit the piston on one example and was terribly out of square with the router trick.
But hey, at least the grinding was pretty!

The indicator in this vidja being at an angle does throw off the actual runout number, but was done to show that there was run out of a previously lathe turned JMS cylinder. Whether it was .012" or .013" did not matter to me at the time. The mandrel was at 0 runout.

Some have stated to walk away from a JMS saw, don't walk...RUN!

It's not all bad though, you can learn a whole slough of things of what not to do, I've learned more from JMS than any other in that respect.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guy he screwed over on the 064
Ended up going back to him
And had him build a 372 for him as well.
*pretty boy

Unfarkingbelievable. I can’t wrap my head around it. It reminds me of women who keep going back to the boyfriend that keeps beating the chit out of them; nothing you say can change their mind.