Jig saws

junkman

Crush it
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a cordless Milwaukee m-18 ,can not get good cuts with it ,blade twists too much and flexes ,table will come out of adjustment ,are they all like this ? Cutting a 2 by type material is almost impossible to get a good cut ,even plywood it cuts crooked ,Are the corded ones built better ,maybe a Bosch or Makita ?

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a cordless Milwaukee m-18 ,can not get good cuts with it ,blade twists too much and flexes ,table will come out of adjustment ,are they all like this ? Cutting a 2 by type material is almost impossible to get a good cut ,even plywood it cuts crooked ,Are the corded ones built better ,maybe a Bosch or Makita ?

I have found cutting thick material with a jig Saw sucks. There should be a straight and oscillating feature. For curves you want the oscillating. Also don't push it hard. Let the blade cut.
If I'm doing a lot of thick material, like trellis curves, I rough everything within a quarter inch, make a jig, and finish it with a router.
If it's only one or two, I rough it, and use 60 grit on a belt sander to finish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodtool89

Randalls favorite member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe bosch is the best saw on the market other than festool...
I have a Makita, my dad has a bosch...I prefer his!

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't like any of the new saws compared to the old Porter Cable short throw saws. I have one that has been abused in the glass industry for over thirty years. Still cuts straight and smooth. I think it a model 148. You can still find them on eBay and other places.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like how the bosch holds the blade,supports both sides ,my m18 cordless it just has a wheel on back side so it pops out sometimes,no side support also so makes crooked cuts,the table does not stay square also ,it loosens up KIMG1692.JPG KIMG1693.JPG

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive got a corded and cordless DeWalt ........... they both have very similar arrangements for guiding the blade. Cant lean on either of them with anything thicker than 3/4, have to take bites to give the rough shape, then have a finish pass. Straight lines are cake though

Reactions: DSS

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never had a jig saw other than a bosch. Had a bosch cordless but that went away with all the other bosch cordless after all the drill triggers quit working right. I do use the festool blades now. They are the stiffest, straightest cutting blade I've ever found. If/when the bosch jig saw ever gets replaced it will be with a festool. My wallet is really not looking forwards to that day.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have had dewalt tools for many years. But I like the quality of the Festool jig saw. The price not so much -- but if I used it every day I'd have a Festool.