USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My opinion, the best electric dehydrator on the market...I've owned several and I've ran through a few, but this is the cats meow. It's a Nesco, American Harvest model, with ten racks. You can get more strips on the square racks by sq in, so I went with it. I can't remember how many racks the base model comes with, I think about five or so, but it'll dry up to ten racks, so I bought the extra racks to take it to the max ten rack setup. Got a big enough fan that you don't even need to rotate racks, but I rotate'em for chits and grins anyhow. If no deer meat which is rare, I'll buy a couple of London Broils, damn near zero fat, slice to 1/8", cure and marinate with dry Hi Mountain seasonings, and let it roll. The Cracked Pepper and Garlic is crazy good. Hi-Mountain makes several different flavors, most are pretty decent. Some need a little tweaking but for the most part, the drys are good. Some batches I do liquid marinades on and they turn out damn good as well. And there's many other fine seasonings out there as well.

Here's the dehydrator...
IMG_1909.JPG
IMG_1910.JPG
IMG_1911.JPG
You fellas have got me itching now to go get a couple of London Broils tomorrow, no deer meat yet and nothing left from last year, and get some jerky cranked up.

Thanks a lot fellas for making me go to the grocery store tomorrow after work. With friends like you a'holes, who the hell needs enemies. Lol.

Last edited:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My opinion, the best electric dehydrator on the market...I've owned several and I've ran through a few, but this is the cats meow. It's a Nesco, American Harvest model, with ten racks. You can get more strips on the square racks by sq in, so I went with it. I can't remember how many racks the base model comes with, I think about five or so, but it'll dry up to ten racks, so I bought the extra racks to take it to the max ten rack setup. Got a big enough fan that you don't even need to rotate racks, but I rotate'em for chits and grins anyhow. If no deer meat which is rare, I'll buy a couple of London Broils, damn near zero fat, slice to 1/8", cure and marinate with dry Hi Mountain seasonings, and let it roll. The Cracked Pepper and Garlic is crazy good. Hi-Mountain makes several different flavors, most are pretty decent. Some need a little tweaking but for the most part, the drys are good. Some batches I do liquid marinades on and they turn out damn good as well. And there's many other fine seasonings out there as well.

Here's the dehydrator...
View attachment 36519
View attachment 36521
View attachment 36522
You fellas have got me itching now to go get a couple of London Broils tomorrow, no deer meat yet and nothing left from last year, and get some jerky cranked up.

Thanks a lot fellas for making me go the grocery store tomorrow after work. With friends like you a'holes, who the hell needs enemies. Lol.

I have the round version of that one, I do wish that I would have ordered a couple extra trays with it though. Will be waiting on pics. :cool:

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Here's the dehydrator...
View attachment 36519
View attachment 36521
View attachment 36522

Thanks a lot fellas for making me go to the grocery store tomorrow after work. With friends like you a'holes, who the hell needs enemies. Lol.

I didn't know that you could put bigger fans in them...

The reason I went with a Excalibur was so I didn't need to worry about rotating racks every hour or so.
I usually run my dehydrator at night. I set the timer before bed and in the morning its finished and I can get it off the table and counter for momma in the morning.

Mom has a round one and she usually rotates the trays once a hour.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Here's the dehydrator...
View attachment 36519
View attachment 36521
View attachment 36522

That's what friends are for. They laugh at you when you do stupid stuff, then pick you up and hand you another beer.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had an old microwave from looked like Cold War era. That was a bad motha. Miss it food tasted like it came from an oven out that thing. My friends had a good time bustin me for it. Lights would dim when you hit go. I wouldn't give it up though. Finally bit it

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Started my second batch of green peppers this morning. They were fresh picked so they should be pretty good.

Attachments

• 100_0844.JPG
    100_0844.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0845.JPG
    100_0845.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0847.JPG
    100_0847.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 12

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tried to dry some apples friday, But I am not quite sure how dry to get them. I vacuum sealed them in a quart jar so I will see how they keep. They did taste pretty good though.

Attachments

• 100_0870.JPG
    100_0870.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0876.JPG
    100_0876.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_0883.JPG
    100_0883.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 7

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Trying some pepper teriyaki season today, I think it is better than the original. Pretty damn hot for my standards. ( Damn good )

Attachments

• 100_0884.JPG
    100_0884.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0885.JPG
    100_0885.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 7

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tried to dry some apples friday, But I am not quite sure how dry to get them. I vacuum sealed them in a quart jar so I will see how they keep. They did taste pretty good though.

That looks to be about how dry my apples are when I pull them off.

I'm not really sure how long they keep though because they usually don't last much longer than a month.