Jack’s Husky Infused 440/460 Hybrid

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tunes great now, no more 'climbing the ladder' at WOT.
Awesome, I had a feeling it was the filter. I’ve replaced a few filters on tree guys saws that were partially clogged. One of the most forgotten maintenance items.

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome, I had a feeling it was the filter. I’ve replaced a few filters on tree guys saws that were partially clogged. One of the most forgotten maintenance items.
This thing was way past its expiration date, stupid of me not to have changed it when I got the saw. Swapped out the same old style filter/filter body on my 064 just to be safe.

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The SR 71 airframe was made from ti because of its strength and the entire plane saw some very very extreme heat.

EDIT:
When an SR-71 Blackbird is at Mach 3, how hot is the airframe? A: At speeds of Mach 3 (3 times the speed of sound) the SR- 71 Blackbird's airframe temperature can range from 315-480 degrees Celcius (600-900 degrees Farenheit), depending on its altitude.
The airframe of the SR-71 is very unique. ... The component parts of the Blackbird fit very loosely together to allow for expansion at high temperatures. At rest on the ground, fuel leaks out constantly, since the tanks in the fuselage and wings only seal at operating temperatures.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The airframe of the SR-71 is very unique. ... The component parts of the Blackbird fit very loosely together to allow for expansion at high temperatures. At rest on the ground, fuel leaks out constantly, since the tanks in the fuselage and wings only seal at operating temperatures.
Yep, that was in the video I posted.
upload_2018-8-22_8-13-30.jpeg

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that saw holding up Dave? Any problems?
It runs.
We overheated it a bit passing it around at NYGTG. Some minor streaking on the piston.
I swapped in an alcohol carb at Randy’s this year but couldn’t feed it enough fuel, may have warmed it up a bit then too. Lol.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, thanks, my concern was if that crank was handling that heavier piston OK. (The AM Big Bore pistons are heavier than OEM 460, and much heavier than OEM 440).
How much heavier is the AM 460 piston over the OEM piston I've never wade them?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much heavier is the AM 460 piston over the OEM piston I've never wade them?

I have the info, will try to post it later. The 272 is the lightest, but has to be machined to work.

OK, I found my #s:

OEM 460 = 2.8 oz
Meteor 460 = 3.0 oz
New West BB = 3.0 oz
440 Huztl = 2.5 oz
Dr Al 272 (machined) 2.4 oz

Generally, the lighter the piston, the less stress on the engine at high RPMs.

Engine vibrations also increase with heavier pistons, making good AV bushings more important. OEM bushings (especially the one on the high left) are much better than AM. The high AM one is the under sized, any you will really notice the vibs in a BB if you don't change it. Spacing it with washers helps, but an OEM bushing works much better. (I stole several from scraped 460s I had).

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the info, will try to post it later. The 272 is the lightest, but has to be machined to work.

OK, I found my #s:

OEM 460 = 2.8 oz
Meteor 460 = 3.0 oz
New West BB = 3.0 oz
440 Huztl = 2.5 oz
Dr Al 272 (machined) 2.4 oz

Generally, the lighter the piston, the less stress on the engine at high RPMs.

Engine vibrations also increase with heavier pistons, making good AV bushings more important. OEM bushings (especially the one on the high left) are much better than AM. The high AM one is the under sized, any you will really notice the vibs in a BB if you don't change it. Spacing it with washers helps, but an OEM bushing works much better. (I stole several from scraped 460s I had).
I wonder if farmertec is using the same piston on there ms460 piston and cylinder kit as well as the big bore because in the ms460 I built I used the farmertec piston and cylinder but used OEM wrist pin and had to mushen it to fit the piston it was to long I'm thinking they ether gave me a 660 pin or something but if that's the case they did it to me twice in a row. Lol. Oh and OEM bearings. But anyways just cereus. And thank you.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The OEM and Meteor pin were 0.4 oz, the 272 pin was 0.5 oz, and the New West and Huztl pins were 0.6 oz.

The Meteor 460 and New West Big Bore pistons have wider skirts than OEM 460. (NW was just a hair wider).