Country flag
Very, very basic. Lol

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
3:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Encouraged by Buckin' Bill's vids, I resharpened by 25" RSC last night with slightly more gusto than usual.

I noticed that on one or two cutter sides a very tiny bit of burring happens since presumably sometimes the very last piece of metal gets left behind by the file stroke.

What do you peeps do about those burrs? Just leave them right? I don't think that it's the chain saying "Matt you're pushing too hard", cos that Billy Ray was certainly using no less force from what I could see.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Encouraged by Buckin' Bill's vids, I resharpened by 25" RSC last night with slightly more gusto than usual.

I noticed that on one or two cutter sides a very tiny bit of burring happens since presumably sometimes the very last piece of metal gets left behind by the file stroke.

What do you peeps do about those burrs? Just leave them right? I don't think that it's the chain saying "Matt you're pushing too hard", cos that Billy Ray was certainly using no less force from what I could see.
Sounds like the chrome on the cutter rolling back ,that happens when i grind ,it will pop off when use the chain for a bit if not too bad.

Last edited:

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
3:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
No matter how you slice and dice his technique, his message of "get the gullet" rings true for all users. For people that don't know it can be a huge game changer for them.
Yup. That's what I picked up from it. So that's gotta be a good thing. Not thought about it much till now.....and hopefully tomorrow I'll see whether I put theory into practice correctly!