PAST IOWA GTG 2018 RACING

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are the restrictions around unmodified round chain?
If it has more than the depth gauges and cutter sharpened for firewooding it’s illegal.
No dogboning,tunneling, grinding on the straps.
Let’s not make this any harder than it has to be, if you want to run a race/modified chain, run in the other classes.
We set the round chain classes up to try and get more participation from non racing guys. Lots of guys have good saws but the percentage with square chain capabilities is a lot less

shorthunter

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If it has more than the depth gauges and cutter sharpened for firewooding it’s illegal.
No dogboning,tunneling, grinding on the straps.
Let’s not make this any harder than it has to be, if you want to run a race/modified chain, run in the other classes.
We set the round chain classes up to try and get more participation from non racing guys. Lots of guys have good saws but the percentage with square chain capabilities is a lot less

Not trying to make it hard, just want to know if I need to run the original angles. My grinder is set a little more aggressive

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not trying to make it hard, just want to know if I need to run the original angles. My grinder is set a little more aggressive
Nobody runs the same angles so whatever angles your heart desires is fine. We just don’t want any other work done to the chain other than what a normal person would do to cut firewood with

shorthunter

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nobody runs the same angles so whatever angles your heart desires is fine. We just don’t want any other work done to the chain other than what a normal person would do to cut firewood with

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking @Hedgerow ran it as a 59 & under class
There was quite a few 562’s in it down there, Mike beat a couple with squeaks and Levi with his John Queere is hard to beat. I’d be betting on him again. I have a pretty sporty 2260 I’ll give a try in that class

shorthunter

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There was quite a few 562’s in it down there, Mike beat a couple with squeaks and Levi with his John Queere is hard to beat. I’d be betting on him again. I have a pretty sporty 2260 I’ll give a try in that class

I didn't run mine, thought it was 59 and under, the 562 is 60

Homelite410

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was still fun tho... The firewood class in Iowa should.be fun!

Homelite410

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Firewood class is pretty much a class for saws where they don’t have to run against a 365 and get spanked. There’s a lot of good 60 cc firewood saws and this gives em a place to run is my take on the class
Well put! I'm looking forward to see how they stack up!

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not yet, supposed to get 3-5” Sunday again though. It’s 10 degrees out currently.