Reaction score

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did a quick speed read through the report & not once did they mention depth gauges or how they act as a variable. With all the sharpening techniques, angles and ways of setting up a cutter to perform in whatever type of wood I'm not sure what you can take from the results. New stock chain can be very different between loops and easily perform 20% faster/slower etc. Looks like they put a lot of effort into the test but between all the engineers and other qualified people they probably should have got a logger/full time saw user to assist them.

Local time
10:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I did a quick speed read through the report & not once did they mention depth gauges or how they act as a variable. With all the sharpening techniques, angles and ways of setting up a cutter to perform in whatever type of wood I'm not sure what you can take from the results. New stock chain can be very different between loops and easily perform 20% faster/slower etc. Looks like they put a lot of effort into the test but between all the engineers and other qualified people they probably should have got a logger/full time saw user to assist them.

I concur. They utilized techs from the cutter head manufacturer to ensure it was set up properly, but that was it. Still it was nice to see someone at least attempt to test in a controlled setting with actual diagnostic devices.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
10:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They did measure it, "E"
Screenshot 2018-04-18 11.57.16.png

brshephard

Stihl saws, Husky women
Local time
8:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Cool paper.
I wish they would have tested full chisel, not just semi and chamfer.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool.

So is this all .404 harvester stuff?