Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently had the owner of a tree removal company hand me a Husky 41 with a melted down top shroud and a split open muffler. He said it was running a little hot on him, but he had to get the job done so he ran it until was so hot that he couldn't hold onto the outer handle any more.

He said, " Edwin, I should have stopped and let it cool off but I figured you could fix it."

Did you chuck it the trash can in front of him and say "fixed"?

Last edited:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
12:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you chuck it the trash can in front of him and say "fixed"?
Nah, I went ahead and removed the muffler, assembled it again, and bolted it back on. The shroud was in such sad shape that I had to order him a new one. It was melted down on the end like silly putty. The heat shield had come loose, dropped partially on top the muffler, and conducted exhaust heat right to the shroud like a small frying pan.

Only when that new shroud is in place can I then say, "Fixed." They usually don't come with bolts, so I'll likely have to remove those from the one that melted down. All in a day's work as they say.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Nah, I went ahead and removed the muffler, assembled it again, and bolted it back on. The shroud was in such sad shape that I had to order him a new one. It was melted down on the end like silly putty. The heat shield had come loose, dropped partially on top the muffler, and conducted exhaust heat right to the shroud like a small frying pan.

Only when that new shroud is in place can I then say, "Fixed." They usually don't come with bolts, so I'll likely have to remove those from the one that melted down. All in a day's work as they say.
Good for getting the work. I'm done fixing others melted *s-word.