High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Insurance

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
9:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone do falling on the side and have insurance? My wife wants me to get some for the few odd jobs I do cutting trees. Some jobs are full production felling for firewood or logging and some is a few trees for residents. I try to pass on anything that has risk to structures and keep with straight forward falls. No climbing. If I cant drop it clean I dont do it however, I'm looking for minimal policy for personal and possibly property liability. Nonfrills like workermans comp or my personal equipment is needed. Any idea where to get policy information/quote?

Last edited:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any idea where to get policy information/quote?
I get mine through my local auto/home/business insurance agent. It's about $6-700 per year for a $300,000 liability package

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I get mine through my local auto/home/business insurance agent. It's about $6-700 per year for a $300,000 liability package
Excellent. Is the policy called something specific?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
General liability? Ok I'll ask about it.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone do falling on the side and have insurance? My wife wants me to get some for the few odd jobs I do cutting trees. Some jobs are full production felling for firewood or logging and some is a few trees for residents. I try to pass on anything that has risk to structures and keep with straight forward falls. No climbing. If I cant drop it clean I dont do it however, I'm looking for minimal policy for personal and possibly property liability. Nonfrills like workermans comp or my personal equipment is needed. Any idea where to get policy information/quote?

“ Things to look for when insurance shopping:
1. What is the amount of coverage per job, and then what is the total aggregate amount per year that you're covered for.
2. If you spur climb, what is the highest you're allowed to climb. Some of these will vary.
3. Understand that for MANY insurance companies in this line of work, it is going to be based off of how much you make yearly, what your experience level is, and what resources/safety guidelines are you following as well as years of experience.
4. I highly recommend, if doing this ONLY part-time, to find someone w/ solid work experience and great reviews and try to get hired under them! You can't beat that kind of training/experience, plus, if you start to hate it, it's only part time and you haven't sunk a TON of money into the biz.
5. Look into what it costs to have an LLC in your area. This way, if someone wants to take you to court, it's against the biz and NOT against you directly. Look up your county/city regs as well - there may be other licenses/requirements that you have to maintain in that area.
6. SHOP AROUND.... the first quote isn't always the best, or safest for our line of work. Rick Weden – 781-235-3100 ext. 231. Give him a call and explain to him what you're looking at doing, what experience you have, and he'll give you some solid advice...
7. Workman's comp. is something you don't need until it's too late. If you're a college student, are you under your parental insurance program? Will they cover accidents handled by you while performing a work-based operation? “

I saved this on my phone while researching a couple years ago- I believe a TreeBuzz member posted this originally.

I use a local company, but mine is a $1M policy/ 2x $500k, @ $2,900/ year.

The Policy premiums are based off your projected income as the more exposure you have, the higher the chances of having an accident. When I renewed this year, what I grossed was factored in.

Shop around.

The guy mentioned in the above quote is respected in this industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
“ Things to look for when insurance shopping:
1. What is the amount of coverage per job, and then what is the total aggregate amount per year that you're covered for.
2. If you spur climb, what is the highest you're allowed to climb. Some of these will vary.
3. Understand that for MANY insurance companies in this line of work, it is going to be based off of how much you make yearly, what your experience level is, and what resources/safety guidelines are you following as well as years of experience.
4. I highly recommend, if doing this ONLY part-time, to find someone w/ solid work experience and great reviews and try to get hired under them! You can't beat that kind of training/experience, plus, if you start to hate it, it's only part time and you haven't sunk a TON of money into the biz.
5. Look into what it costs to have an LLC in your area. This way, if someone wants to take you to court, it's against the biz and NOT against you directly. Look up your county/city regs as well - there may be other licenses/requirements that you have to maintain in that area.
6. SHOP AROUND.... the first quote isn't always the best, or safest for our line of work. Rick Weden – 781-235-3100 ext. 231. Give him a call and explain to him what you're looking at doing, what experience you have, and he'll give you some solid advice...
7. Workman's comp. is something you don't need until it's too late. If you're a college student, are you under your parental insurance program? Will they cover accidents handled by you while performing a work-based operation? “

I saved this on my phone while researching a couple years ago- I believe a TreeBuzz member posted this originally.

I use a local company, but mine is a $1M policy/ 2x $500k, @ $2,900/ year.

The Policy premiums are based off your projected income as the more exposure you have, the higher the chances of having an accident. When I renewed this year, what I grossed was factored in.

Shop around.

The guy mentioned in the above quote is respected in this industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
..interesting info!