Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have no idea what this filter is about or how it is made to know that this saw "needs" anything.
Could be a synthetic media used in its construction that doesn't get plugged like paper, cotton and foam types are prone to for just one example(I really do not know this is the case) for a for instance.
The brand wars are over boy and girls and the little digs here and there add up to just as bad as a hissy fit as far as annoyance is concerned. Numerous folks have told me this has been quite tiresome to them and not one person has spoken to be a fan of the low shots for their favorite tool.
I really don't care to keep reiterating the same thing over and over, so I suggest for folks to go to threads of something they like and have something positive to contribute with the experience of usage being the key factor here. BS spreading isn't any better for this place either so please keep it to actual knowledge.
My rant is over and I would hope this to be the end of this type of thing here on the forum.

Carry on you bunch of saw nuts and try and have some fun!

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
We have no idea what this filter is about or how it is made to know that this saw "needs" anything.
Could be a synthetic media used in its construction that doesn't get plugged like paper, cotton and foam types are prone to for just one example(I really do not know this is the case) for a for instance.
The brand wars are over boy and girls and the little digs here and there add up to just as bad as a hissy fit as far as annoyance is concerned. Numerous folks have told me this has been quite tiresome to them and not one person has spoken to be a fan of the low shots for their favorite tool.
I really don't care to keep reiterating the same thing over and over, so I suggest for folks to go to threads of something they like and have something positive to contribute with the experience of usage being the key factor here. BS spreading isn't any better for this place either so please keep it to actual knowledge.
My rant is over and I would hope this to be the end of this type of thing here on the forum.

Carry on you bunch of saw nuts and try and have some fun!
:applaudit:

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's it, whip em into shape.

I try to make the best of what I have available, even if it's an Echo 310, which I think is about the worst saw out there at least power & rpm wise. Remember, you could be stuck with just an ax or hand saw!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's it, whip em into shape.

I try to make the best of what I have available, even if it's an Echo 310, which I think is about the worst saw out there at least power & rpm wise. Remember, you could be stuck with just an ax or hand saw!

If I'm unable to, the bannings will continue until moral improves!

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The way the 500i is of right now I'm going to say it's going to be a great saw can't wait to get my hands on one.:beer-toast1:
You are going to like it when you do. It is an awesome saw. I put some full skip chain on my 462 this weekend and fell in love all over again. These new saws are fun for sure.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I personally have seen HD2 filter with way more dust and chips packed into it. That didnt look like what I thought a 3 month filter would look like!
I think a lot of the dust and chips that collects on the filter falls out of the vents you see just below it. They are big vents to let lots of air in, could let lots of chips out when not running. You can actually the bottom of the filter thru the vents.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only have 3.5 tanks thro mine an it keeps getting stronger, I dont know when it will be fully broke in. I will say I believe my 044 will be takin a break for awhile , it ain't no slouch being the Canadian farm girl molested the *s-word out of it. It's even almost 2lbs less wieght if me scales are right. I guess we will see how it pans out. Took the recoil off an theres only a fan in there , I guess that why it spooles so fast. So far for a dang firewood junkie it's down right bad azz. I did set it down for abit an use the 346 for some twiggs...[emoji16]

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
5:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They're warm

They don't have a USB charger on the new generator models?? Slackers
Wanted to know, as most arctic stihls I've ran end up burning my fingers in long cuts, I don't ever wear gloves so there is that lol.
Trying to decide on a heated handle saw to buy this summer, as I do more and more cold weather cutting. Not sold on these new computer and auto tune saws yet, but I'm still open to options.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dolmar 7900H is a great option
Wanted to know, as most arctic stihls I've ran end up burning my fingers in long cuts, I don't ever wear gloves so there is that lol.
Trying to decide on a heated handle saw to buy this summer, as I do more and more cold weather cutting. Not sold on these new computer and auto tune saws yet, but I'm still open to options.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, I've always wondered how warm they got. Good thing there's a switch.