Inside the.....? (solved, MS 500i)

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
6:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it’s fairly impressive from what I’ve seen, i think after watching some of the videos over it has more to do with the person than the saw. As far as what one wins ect, the one with the 3 different length bars and different chains was all operating in my opinion. After watching it again and seeing all the difference in technique I don’t think the 462 will beat the 500.

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am very impressed with it, looking at the inside and what can be done, there is a lot to be gained.

The intake is a straight shot, and past the single throttle plate a long tract to build velocity. If you went all out on mods, I think this saw will shock

I have to add, tuning, that is gonna be the hard part if you get outside the stock capabilities.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think I'd wait 5 or so years before buying one. I am sure there are more than a few cluster faqs lurking in this new design.
The specs are impressive though.

Last edited:

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
1:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Probably the air leakage detection could be a problem.
As the saw only know crank case pressure to assume throttle position, it shuts the saw off if you start it with WOT.
Its a safety feature as the saw will not know the difference between a leakage in the intake boot or WOT and a leakage would make the saw run at max. RPM.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the 500i will come to life after some port work like all Saw's so I'm not going to pass judgement until that part gets done then put it up against the other modified Saws again and I think it will be a different outcome.:beer-toast1:

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I'd wait 5 or so years before buying one. I am sure there are more than a few cluster faqs lurking in this new design.
The specs are impressive though.
In five years you will probably be looking at lithium ion rechargeable chainsaws if the EPA has anything to say!

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone ported or pushed these saws hard yet?

That would be completely unknown cause the saw distributed at “selected” Eastern Europe countries and i m not sure porting is invented yet. At least the way people in this forum understand it.

When and if the production of Ms500i restarts (it’s halted for a non specified problem) then it would be a matter of time to the marvelous builders to get their signatures on them.

Remember months ago the fever of 462 and how many people were skeptical about it. Now the saw is already in all neighborhoods and became of the most desired.

I feel that it would find its place among users. And the rest of two manufacturers will have to follow.

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. I'm sure you said that when the 461 came out and you had a 046. Lol. Just funning with you.:risas3:
A better comparison would be the 462 and yes I said I would take a 44 over a 462 and I still have my 44's. I can even get a 462 for a very reasonable price after I write it off on my company but I am still holding on to my 44's and I know you are just funnin'.;)