Inside the MS462C

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just love the small skinny case and complete new design of this new model. Pics look very promising, makes you want one in your hands pointing at a big piece of wood. It kills the myth of the new 4 series not being MT for fire/rescue saws. I hope the States get these on the shelves asap.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike, Stihl seems to think it will oil more. Here is the description from the"features tab" on the website.

• STIHL Ematic with new oil pump system
    The new oil pump system allows a higher volume of oil to be delivered. This is especially useful in dusty conditions or when using a long guide bar.
Interesting they didnt specify the length of the "long" blade.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the general masses- stock will be sufficient. The weirdos on these sites (myself included) probably make up 1/10th of 1 percent of gross sales for these companies annually. In line with that- 99.9% of users will be completely satisfied with the saw.

So do you think if this saw with only a muffler mod ran with a ported 461 it would be sufficient ?

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@StephK87

Can you tell how much space is under the divider between the main crankcase and the transfer feed tunnel?

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

2stroke800

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 462 rcm better come with them fancy new big dogs! Hey moobs!! I call dibs on yer first 462rcm!!!! Muaaahahaha!!

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pollution controls unfortunately are needed. I can remember seeing and smelling rivers here in Tennessee that were so polluted that they were dark brown and devoid of life. I also remember the Tennessee Valley around Knoxville being thick with smog. Today those same rivers are beautiful, and even with many more people, the smog is gone.

Without wading into a political discussion I'll just say that without any controls, the world as we know it

Remember......this is coming from a guy that hops up engines......
Pollution controls unfortunately are needed. I can remember seeing and smelling rivers here in Tennessee that were so polluted that they were dark brown and devoid of life. I also remember the Tennessee Valley around Knoxville being thick with smog. Today those same rivers are beautiful, and even with many more people, the smog is gone.

Without wading into a political discussion I'll just say that without any controls, the world as we know it would be *frenched.

Finding that fine line between preserving the future for my grandkids and over regulation is something we should strive for rather than using these things as political battering rams.

Remember......this is coming from a guy that hops up engines......

Well then....
I never said "eliminate" regulations

But the reality of it is FAR more ecological progress is achieved through innovation and education then would ever be obtained through regulation.

And that is what seems to be happening with this latest generation 462

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No you don't. You don't like those stinkin Stihl's. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If it won't do that then a husky or Dolmar is a better choice

Eggzackly!
We like stihls just fine when they are better than the rest. I don't care if Playschool builds a Saw, if it's the best, I'll run it, and give credit where it's due.
Even if they build it out of legos! [emoji33]