paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, now we got 6 transfer ports???

And that plug looks like it has more thread than normal, like the new longer auto ones?

I see the pin for the top ring is dead toward the intake, but I don't see the pin for ring #2???

This thing is going to be very interesting!

A shorter stroked 460/461 would help to explain reduced weight in the crank & rod.

The lower two ports feed the stratos in the piston Mike

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it would be better to leave the stratos intact.

That remains to be seen for me. The MS241 is much stronger with them gutted. No one size fits all recipe, even on the same designs really.

I'm very interested in seeing what sort of gains I can get with mild tweaks.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm hoping it will oil a 34-36".

Mike, Stihl seems to think it will oil more. Here is the description from the"features tab" on the website.

• STIHL Ematic with new oil pump system
    The new oil pump system allows a higher volume of oil to be delivered. This is especially useful in dusty conditions or when using a long guide bar.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That remains to be seen for me. The MS241 is much stronger with them gutted. No one size fits all recipe, even on the same designs really.

Tough to do mild tweaks once your first move is to hog the livin' chit out of everything. ;)

Last edited:

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I guarantee stihl r&d knows how to hop a saw up. It's the EPA you have to make happy!
The EPA may be playing a smaller role in "making America great again" ...
Once the restraints are reduced and the power is shifted back to the people/ market we can have our country back from the Govt chit bags that stole it..

astnmacgto

Earn a living with white powdery substances
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The EPA may be playing a smaller role in "making America great again" ...
Once the restraints are reduced and the power is shifted back to the people/ market we can have our country back from the Govt chit bags that stole it..
Best answer

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pollution controls unfortunately are needed. I can remember seeing and smelling rivers here in Tennessee that were so polluted that they were dark brown and devoid of life. I also remember the Tennessee Valley around Knoxville being thick with smog. Today those same rivers are beautiful, and even with many more people, the smog is gone.

Without wading into a political discussion I'll just say that without any controls, the world as we know it would be *f-worded.

Finding that fine line between preserving the future for my grandkids and over regulation is something we should strive for rather than using these things as political battering rams.

Remember......this is coming from a guy that hops up engines......

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for posting Brad, looking forward to future modding threads. Flat out impressed that it's a pound lighter than the 572. The design does look very similar to husky strato layout, well except for that wonky exhaust port. I wonder if there is some sort of swirl effect designed into the port layout kinda like vortec cylinder head combustion chambers. Hope we see some numbers soon.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike, Stihl seems to think it will oil more. Here is the description from the"features tab" on the website.

• STIHL Ematic with new oil pump system
    The new oil pump system allows a higher volume of oil to be delivered. This is especially useful in dusty conditions or when using a long guide bar.
I hope so.

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Baby steps are what I did with the first 261. Me? I'll probably go whole hog, lol. On the other hand, it would be real easy to test strato gutting by simply gutting the intake manifold.