Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
though I understand what you are saying, I don't think putting stihl fuel line in is cheaping out in any way.... still good line... for 1/6 the price

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If I am working on a stihl, I use stihl line, not saying it is anything wrong with it, just not my preference. I like it all to match. Each to there own, if I owned a shop, I would probably buy and use 1 type as well.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I am working on a stihl, I use stihl line, not saying it is anything wrong with it, just not my preference. I like it all to match. Each to there own, if I owned a shop, I would probably buy and use 1 type as well.

I personally use Echo line in almost everything, Tygon in the rest that the Echo line will not fit in. But being a dealer for Husqvarna/RedMax/Echo/Shindaiwa and being smack dab in the middle of Stihl territory I work on a little bit of everything. I actually keep Stihl line in stock for my customers that just have to have it but personal experience has shown the Echo line holds up better. We are a pretty high volume shop and it would just not be economically feasible to keep enough pigtails to cover our needs.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get them for 6.00 a line, I will still be using the oem, I just dnt like using anything that wasnt made for it. $5.00 more isn't going to break me. To me when I purchase a used saw it speaks to the quality of the saw and builder if they didnt cheap out on a fuel line, the small details matter to me.jmo
I prefer OEM pig tail fuel line myself, wish Husky sold them in lenght

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I usually buy 50 at a time. Like the way the ends are cut at a point f0r easy installation; they are all ready to go. I also use the pre-cut starter ropes from Husky; sell them for $4 each. Rope pricing is even further apart than the fuel lines. Might seem crazy, but no measuring, cutting, melting the ends and burning my fingers. :( And the costs do even out when you factor in shop time at $1 a minute. Good for over the counter sales and even makes it easier to do a quick starter repair while a customer waits.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I used to use the cheapest of everything if the quality was acceptable but anymore, i go for the OEM fit and function as long as cost is within reason....$6 fuel lines is a no brainer, even the OEM stihl molded lines at $7-12 each is still within reason to me on 99% of my repairs because knowing its gonna last and function is more important than saving a few bucks. We do use allot of the echo line on the oddball stuff and as impulse hose, tygon and briggs(tygon) line on the box store saws that require the funky sizes.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$6 fuel lines is a no brainer, even the OEM stihl molded lines at $7-12 each is still within reason to me .

And Husky has returned to model specific molded fuel lines on all of the new 400 and 500 series saws also. Not to forget that most of the early 200 series and other models from that era had specific lines as well. So, bulk fuel line can work in some applications, but you still need to have a lot of fuel lines in the drawer. :)

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And Husky has returned to model specific molded fuel lines on all of the new 400 and 500 series saws also. Not to forget that most of the early 200 series and other models from that era had specific lines as well. So, bulk fuel line can work in some applications, but you still need to have a lot of fuel lines in the drawer. :)
thats true Bob.
Before we used to have special line for 44, older 42/242, and many other models, was a bit easier with 3xx serie.
I use the plastic bushing we find on 254/262 (#503 73 58 01) on those older Huskies pluss the pigtail line, should probleby work on 44's also

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What do you mean, "Sucks" ? ;)

View attachment 64381
multiply that by 3 brands and it adds up to allot of money on the shelf and even more shelf space tied up.

edit:

i guess i should say 4 brands, i left echo out of it since everything just runs their bulk line but

AS 051.jpg

Last edited: