old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi,

I don't know anything about the 11-50, but sure it's worth keeping it running. As far as I know Pioneer was only made in Canada, but that id tag is very interesting.

In the meantime I figured some details both about Pioneer and their saws.
Outboard Marine Corp. was the owning company of Pioneer Saws Ltd. and had subsidiaries in both Belgium and Australia.
Both overseas subsidiaries manufactured Pioneer saws, so the are saw made in Belgium like mine, saws made in Australia and
the biggest lot of course made in Canada.

My saw is the version with what they called "Automatic Oiler", that is a camshaft driven oil-pump in addition to the manual pump.

And: Yes, a good deal of information about the history I found a chainsawcollectors.se where I'm member too.
Thank you so far, I will report should I happen to make the saw run again.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi,

my Pioneer 1150 is running again!
Nice sonor sound, and finally, after more than half dozen gifts of fuel directly into the carb's funnel,
she now starts very easy without much force needed, usually on first stroke.

Have idle and "L" adjusted, tuning of "H" will be done in the next days.

Fine to have her running again, she's my oldest lady in the shelter ...

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi,

my Pioneer 1150 is running again!
Nice sonor sound, and finally, after more than half dozen gifts of fuel directly into the carb's funnel,
she now starts very easy without much force needed, usually on first stroke.

Have idle and "L" adjusted, tuning of "H" will be done in the next days.

Fine to have her running again, she's my oldest lady in the shelter ...

Good to hear its running. It is just a youngin in that family of saws, my oldest is from the very early IEL line, a 1948 AB, many others between this and the later P60`S.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to hear its running. It is just a youngin in that family of saws, my oldest is from the very early IEL line, a 1948 AB, many others between this and the later P60`S.
Do you happen to have a picture of that saw? I saw it on the other thread, but I don't think it survived. If I remember correctly it's a beautiful saw.

Altamaha

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well gosh. I just finished reading all 27 pages. Nice thread gents and some very fine looking Pioneers!

Makes me want to spruce up my two Super 620's. They have been on the shelf for over 20 years while the McCullochs have been receiving all the attention.

CP7FreV.jpg

Two boxes full of spares, including carbs, ignition point sets, condensers, pistons, misc. bolts and hardware, clutch cover, two each rim and drum sets, and a lot more.

8OsP1Ma.jpg

Even have two spare top covers!

2Bf8VR5.jpg

Altamaha

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pioneer saws are great saws. kick them Mccullochs to the curb and get
those Pioneers up and runnin.

I really like the appearance of the 620 and similar. Neat old saws.

As soon as I complete the McCulloch 795 project I will start on one of the S 620's. Found two bars last week, a 32 and a 28, for the saws. And I should have enough parts on hand. Both saws are complete, one has the foot stirrup for starting.

One interesting thing, I have a total of four top covers: Each is a different color! The guys in the factory paint shop must of had fun with color combinations.