Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
2:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah he has been wanting one.

Yea I used to be on the forums a lot more and will probably be again at least for a little while to give the collectors a good shot at some of the stuff I need to sell to make way for the shop addition...

Heath is a great guy and we have had some dealings in the past... he’s definitely got first crack at it because I know it’s going to a good home. That may sound stupid but good vintage saws are hard to come by and I don’t want to piss a good 655bp away on someone who doesn’t care or can’t do the wrench time...

I did find a few NOS SDC-85’s in the OMC chest if anyone needs a good p50-p60-655 carb. Pretty sure they look nos to me anyhow...

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
11:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea I used to be on the forums a lot more and will probably be again at least for a little while to give the collectors a good shot at some of the stuff I need to sell to make way for the shop addition...

Heath is a great guy and we have had some dealings in the past... he’s definitely got first crack at it because I know it’s going to a good home. That may sound stupid but good vintage saws are hard to come by and I don’t want to piss a good 655bp away on someone who doesn’t care or can’t do the wrench time...

I did find a few NOS SDC-85’s in the OMC chest if anyone needs a good p50-p60-655 carb. Pretty sure they look nos to me anyhow...
Definitely interested in the carbs. I'm trying to find out if the rings for the p40 are the same as the p41. I should now for sure tomorrow. The ipl for the p40 has the part number for a set, and the p41 is individual.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It would be great if Heath could score the 655.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely interested in the carbs. I'm trying to find out if the rings for the p40 are the same as the p41. I should now for sure tomorrow. The ipl for the p40 has the part number for a set, and the p41 is individual.

Both the same bore and stroke so I’m guessing yes... I have 2-3 spare top ends with the blue coils attached if needed. No idea on coil condition and several look burned up but I think they are the common to fail and hard to find prestolite coils.

I’m also down to trade wrench time for parts if it’s of benefit to both of us...

PS: p40/p41’s used an sdc-79... wonder if a bigger sdc-85 would fit and how it would run... hmm...

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both the same bore and stroke so I’m guessing yes... I have 2-3 spare top ends with the blue coils attached if needed. No idea on coil condition and several look burned up but I think they are the common to fail and hard to find prestolite coils.

I’m also down to trade wrench time for parts if it’s of benefit to both of us...

PS: p40/p41’s used an sdc-79... wonder if a bigger sdc-85 would fit and how it would run... hmm...
I use the sdc 53d and sdc 80 with good results. The sdc 80 is by far a lot better than the 53d though. Haven't ran across a sdc 85 yet, but I think they were used on Mac's and would fit a Pioneer. Let me know what kind of trade you have in mind.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use the sdc 53d and sdc 80 with good results. The sdc 80 is by far a lot better than the 53d though. Haven't ran across a sdc 85 yet, but I think they were used on Mac's and would fit a Pioneer. Let me know what kind of trade you have in mind.

The sdc-85’s might be mac’s but I remember most large frame mac’s having long L & H needles...?? Well if you were closer I’d tap you for knowledge and wrench time to make my 650 and 700 run but we can probably find other things... I have lots of Makita/Dolmar....
b88c3f3899fcbfef18c99ccb7bb646e9.jpg

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Looks like sdc-85’s run the Mac Double Eagle 80’s at 82cc. Should run and p50’s easily enough. I can’t find the link I had a long time ago for comparison of carb specs for flow numbers...

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like sdc-85’s run the Mac Double Eagle 80’s at 82cc. Should run and p50’s easily enough. I can’t find the link I had a long time ago for comparison of carb specs for flow numbers...
Yeah it seems the good carb info is gone now unfortunately. I would like to see a pic of the carbs you got when you get a chance.