p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
1:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone know the paint codes for the Pioneer green on a P41?
Best bet is take a part of the saw that is in decent shape to a auto body supply, and have them match it.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
4:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got these couple old pioneers i am thinking about restoring. 600 and a 620.
The 620 will be first in line. First i got to figure out cleaning out the gas tank. Its all full of varnished goo crap stuck to walls of tank.
Also any advice on tearing these things down will help too. Im kinda wondering about if i should take the cylinder off to clean real well. Im woried about the gaskets tearing.
09dd8e60b12891ccffe26b3e374b5a0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got these couple old pioneers i am thinking about restoring. 600 and a 620.
The 620 will be first in line. First i got to figure out cleaning out the gas tank. Its all full of varnished goo crap stuck to walls of tank.
Also any advice on tearing these things down will help too. Im kinda wondering about if i should take the cylinder off to clean real well. Im woried about the gaskets tearing.
09dd8e60b12891ccffe26b3e374b5a0c.jpg

All gaskets on the 600 series saws can be made by hand, not difficult at all. NAPA has some good product to dissolve the gunk in the fuel tanks, comes in 4 liter cans and will leave the mag tanks shiny clean, no need for agitation.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
4:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All gaskets on the 600 series saws can be made by hand, not difficult at all. NAPA has some good product to dissolve the gunk in the fuel tanks, comes in 4 liter cans and will leave the mag tanks shiny clean, no need for agitation.
You wouldnt happen to know whar the stuff is called at napa that will disolve the crud in tank.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had picts ,before photo bucket and picassa kidnapped them, of tanks on RA`s and 600 Pioneers that had even fuel lines melted to slimy goo basically welded to the mag tanks, the Kleen Flow would clean the tank shiny clean just sitting overnight on the bench. I have not used it in plastic tanks yet but would give it a try if I found one that crudded up.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had picts ,before photo bucket and picassa kidnapped them, of tanks on RA`s and 600 Pioneers that had even fuel lines melted to slimy goo basically welded to the mag tanks, the Kleen Flow would clean the tank shiny clean just sitting overnight on the bench. I have not used it in plastic tanks yet but would give it a try if I found one that crudded up.
I'm going to have to give this a try. It sure sounds better than my white vinegar and simple green mix I have used.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to have to give this a try. It sure sounds better than my white vinegar and simple green mix I have used.

If you ever get your hands on some of it you will never use anything else again, but don`t get any on your bare hands. Always use heavy industrial rubber gloves, this stuff will eat nitrile gloves right off your hands...

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you ever get your hands on some of it you will never use anything else again, but don`t get any on your bare hands. Always use heavy industrial rubber gloves, this stuff will eat nitrile gloves right off your hands...
I'm not sure if I can get it in California, but I will give it heck.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That kind of sounds like blanket conditioner we use on press blankets at work.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That kind of sounds like blanket conditioner we use on press blankets at work.

I actually have a few gallons of that also, my wood cutting buddy was a pressman/printer here in NS. He could sneak a bit out each night shift, they had it in 55 gal drums there. Works very well but the Kleen Flo did better on nasty gas tanks.
He called it ,blanket wash ,but I think it is the same thing.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually have a few gallons of that also, my wood cutting buddy was a pressman/printer here in NS. He could sneak a bit out each night shift, they had it in 55 gal drums there. Works very well but the Kleen Flo did better on nasty gas tanks.
He called it ,blanket wash ,but I think it is the same thing.

Blanket wash cleans the ink off the conditioner makes that crap swell up.