High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I ran some 16:1

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Ive read forums that recommend putting 2t mix in diesels, also acetone for better atomization

Not a lot tho, acetone made mine smoke less, seemed smoother and better fuel economy

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As we all are aware from our readers, that oil will not compress.So what happens is some bozo dumps bunch more oil into a gallon of gas? Well the oil is now in at 16/1, so what happens?A small rise in compression, resulting in a small increase in performance.If the cylinder had any scratches or marks, the oil will fill them in resulting in a small rise in compression therefore performance.I would do a compression test using the rich oil mix then back to your normal mix and retest the compression test and see the results. This is my take on this situation.

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I use 2T mix oil in my 1999 Dodge diesel mainly to lube inj pump. Also run a little k-1. My Dad ran 50/50 diesel/kerosene in our HD5 Allis Chalmers track loader for 30 yrs. Finally had to major eng. right before he died.
Shep

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always dump old 2 cycle mix in my 4 cycle machines and they never tell the difference. I've always believed that a little lubrication is good for a 4 stroke as it helps lube the valves and seats, which otherwise don't get anything. Also helps keep rust out when the machine sits unused. My four stroke fuel gets an ounce of MMO in every gallon, however I'm sure that 2 stroke oil would work well also.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well my old 1962 Jeep CJ5 with an IOE Hurricane engine doesn't need any more lube for the valves . 3 out 4 intake valves have funky seals .It smokes a tad bit and fouls plugs .One more thing on the to-do list .Which BTW is getting longer rather than shorter .

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I turn 40 this year and have decided that I'll never be "finished". Seems like when someone concludes that they are, the grim reaper is just around the corner anyhow. The stereotype of retire to Florida and live in an oldster colony just sounds like death to me. My dad is 70 and getting back into farming which will add years to his life.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW I think the mix ratio on those old Mall model 7's was 10 to 1.You could do double duty .Cut wood and fog for mosquitoes at the same time .
You hear all these BS stories of too heavy a mix can cause lean runs .I saw in person Cliff H set a worlds record over cants at the Paul Bunyon show with a souped up 3120 that smoked like an old steam engine .The saw didn't blow up .I have no idea what kind of a rocket fuel cocktail he was feeding it with .Most likely methanol/nitro .maybe castor or Klotz

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update on Seafoam treatment for the old 041 Stihl...

It seems to have worked... it was running rich for a little while, then got really rich. Bet something cleared out, and I ran it a couple days ago, and again today. Needed a retune and holy crap, this thing seems to have woke up a bit.

I'd say it's worth a shot in any saw that runs like it's okay but not quite at top performance. Might even work as a solvent in a jar in an ultrasonic cleaner to clean a carb.

So, new fuel line, and carb kit, then Seafoam treatment equals a good farm saw that seems to be a little better now.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update on Seafoam treatment for the old 041 Stihl...

It seems to have worked... it was running rich for a little while, then got really rich. Bet something cleared out, and I ran it a couple days ago, and again today. Needed a retune and holy crap, this thing seems to have woke up a bit.

I'd say it's worth a shot in any saw that runs like it's okay but not quite at top performance. Might even work as a solvent in a jar in an ultrasonic cleaner to clean a carb.

So, new fuel line, and carb kit, then Seafoam treatment equals a good farm saw that seems to be a little better now.
How much did u use? Everything I have runs good. I might still try it if it is like a carb cleaning through tank of fuel. I may mix a gallon up to put through all my saws.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much did u use? Everything I have runs good. I might still try it if it is like a carb cleaning through tank of fuel. I may mix a gallon up to put through all my saws.

I put maybe 2-3 oz of it in the fuel tank and then topped it off with mix.

If you were mixing a gallon, I would see about adding about 8-10 oz.

Don't want too much, I don't think. Not sure if there would be detrimental effects to the saw. but it will fog the neighborhood up if it's enclosed in any way.

Beware, the crap that comes out of the muffler is black. Definitely soot and carbon. The white smoke is the Seafoam working. I bet after this tank of stuff I ran through it, that piston and exhaust port must be pretty clean. We will see for sure once I pull the muffler.

Oh, and beware, it may make old gaskets weep/leak a little... my snowblower's carb leaks a little gas. Most likely due to Seafoam. But I did use way more of that stuff in the snowblower.