I have a new ex friend...not by choice

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A divorce lawyer will tell you that when people go through divorce they show their true colors. Often it opens ones eyes as to who they were 'really' married too.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
2:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the girls my wife works with and her husband bought a place, 25 acres and built a house, about a mile from us.
They've never lived in the country or had a place where they burned wood. My wife volunteered my services to help the guy cut and split firewood, as well as help with anything this guy doesn't understand about living in the sticks. I don't have time to take care of the stuff I need to do but because my wife had already volunteered my help, I was stuck.
I showed up yesterday to help the guy buck several cull logs he'd gotten from a local logger. He had them marked where he wanted them cut. I grabbed my saw and got to work. After I cut the first log and was starting on the second, he called me over and pointed out a cut that he deemed unsatisfactory. I hadn't cut where you could see paint on either side of the cut. I thought he was dicking with me. I went back to cutting the second log and didn't make one cut on the mark. He got really upset and told me, "if you can't do what I tell you to do, I don't need you.

Here's the cut that initially upset him. It looks good to me.View attachment 141595

If his wife and mine weren't friends, I'd have given him a friendly GFY and left. I tried to explain that I didn't think he was serious and he kind of understood but told me that he wants things done his way.
My wife understands the situation but asked me to be tolerant. Hopefully the girls will talk tomorrow and his wife can explain to him, that he's an a$$hole but I'm not holding my breath.
I don't see this ending well.

Have any of you ever had to deal with a jackwagon like this?
I dont make friends with pricks who need help and then tell you how to do *s-word. Let that pantywaist deal with it himself.

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a plus note, I can't recall reading anything about them having kids. But if they have bred, and the daughter is 18+, I think a few here would like pictures.
Depends on what state 17 is legal in a few states..i think..
(Or as my bride would say- YER DAUGHTER IS OLDER THAN THAT- when she catches me staring at sum 20yr old tail....my reply is " but thats not my daughter" )
Why do I find these juicy threads in the winter?
Maybe cause I aint spending 14hr days in a truck, every frickn day it aint rainin.

Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
1:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a done deal.
Divorce is final.
Greg's girlfriend left him after Christmas.
He went crawling back to Tammy. They spent some time together but in the end, she said no.
Financially, Tammy did OK. They made a little on the property. He had to pay for the damage he did to the house, out of his portion of the proceeds and the repair costs outweighed his portion of the profits. He also had to pay her legal fees, which sent him over the edge but other than breaking his hand punching a concrete wall, didn't amount to much. You just can't fix stupid.
She came out a bit better than even. He lost his butt.
They had a sale when the property sold. Tammy pulled out and gave me a very lightly used Poulan 5020, with a dull blade. She got a big hug in return.
It made me smile.

I asked about the nekked pictures for you guys...........she's thinking about it.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was quite a story. Sounds like it all ended well...perhaps for the best anyway. The lesson to be learned here....if anyone ever...and I mean EVER asks you to cut wood on a painted line quickly offer a GFY and walk away..... but don't forget the nudy pics.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Admit it, You intentionally cut beside the line and caused all this so You can get her Poulan! :p

. . . I didn't hit him but I put him on the ground with my hand on his throat and 240lbs straddling his chest.
We had the remainder of our conversation with him on his back and me holding him there.
My wife walked outside during our conversation, asked me if I wanted a beer when I was done and walked back in the house, acting like what she was witnessing was a normal every day occurance. She was great!
I like this the most out of the whole story! :)

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Didn't read the whole thread, but...

It's a hard thing to learn, but I have learned to turn
People off like a light switch. just walk away and never have a single thing to do with them again. Good friends or not, even family. It sucks to have to do it sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't suck at all. Either way, it was their fault and no one else's.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
2:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn't read the whole thread, but...

It's a hard thing to learn, but I have learned to turn
People off like a light switch. just walk away and never have a single thing to do with them again. Good friends or not, even family. It sucks to have to do it sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't suck at all. Either way, it was their fault and no one else's.

It's impossible to reason with toxic people. They rarely change -- even though most of us hope for the best.
Merry Christmas to you all. I know its early, but we don't want to wait too late to celebrate.