I got a free saw in the mail this week

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
11:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was looking for a small and light saw for my grandpa to use. He cuts alot of wood on his property. For the past two years his back and shoulder have been bothering him so when he was going to cut for the day he'd run his saw to me at work, I'd start it for him.
He would drive home with the saw idling in the back of his truck so he could cut. He wouldn't turn the saw off until he was finished for the day. He would gas it up and sharpen the chain while it was running.

He has a 034 that he bought new in the 90's, he finally admitted that it was to heavy for him. I decided to find him a lighter saw that he can use all day without bothering his back and that's easier to start than his 034.

I was ready to buy grandpa either a 543 Husky or a 241 Stihl, but someone who saw my post here said to not waist my money and that he'd send me a saw to give my grandpa.

He sent me a Shindaiwa 377

0D06D46A-EEF5-4796-B4C8-4301E6E6A853.jpeg

Last edited:

Manofstihl661

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice! What a good guy. You should have him check out the Stihl EZ start saws. It’s actually really nice on the back and shoulders.

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I got home from work I stumbled upon a box. The sender is dang lucky that the saw even made it.

When I ship anything I usually use a whole roll of duct tape because I know most people who work at UPS don't like to work and are Hillary supporters and looking for free stuff. I don't want them to be tempted into opening up my packages just so they can steal what's in it and sell it on eBay. Plus if a package is wrapped in a roll or two of duct tape they'll actually have to work to get the item out, and everyone knows people who work for UPS don't like to work.

Anyway, this is how my saw arrived.

D56F1935-96C4-44B5-89A7-135E25786351.jpeg 899B38A0-A896-46F4-9C34-F8E4AD93C01E.jpeg

I couldn't believe it. The seller is lucky the saw didn't get stolen and have to pay me back for shipping

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
9:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When I got home from work I stumbled upon a box. The sender is dang lucky that the saw even made it.

When I ship anything I usually use a whole roll of duct tape because I know most people who work at UPS don't like to work and are Hillary supporters and looking for free stuff. I don't want them to be tempted into opening up my packages just so they can steal what's in it and sell it on eBay. Plus if a package is wrapped in a roll or two of duct tape they'll actually have to work to get the item out, and everyone knows people who work for UPS don't like to work.

Anyway, this is how my saw arrived.

View attachment 93045 View attachment 93046

I couldn't believe it. The seller is lucky the saw didn't get stolen and have to pay me back for shipping

It probably looked better before you "stumbled upon it".....I'm sure it had lots of packaging material in the box.

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I can't believe that someone would use a Home Depot box for shipping a chainsaw!
Everyone knows that the ones from Office Max are much higher quality.
And then to not use at least 3 rolls of Gorilla Tape on the outside.
I sure hope there was at minimum a garbage bag full of Styrofoam penuts in the box to protect it from damage.

I'm just glad that your Grandpa's saw made it in one piece.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice! What a good guy. You should have him check out the Stihl EZ start saws. It’s actually really nice on the back and shoulders.
Pretty sure you could buy an ezy starter handle with spring inside & fit it to any saw for smoother starting.

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It probably looked better before you "stumbled upon it".....I'm sure it had lots of packaging material in the box.

There was packing material in the box, but i found this....

5953B77C-9AA6-47E8-9048-FDF6A8B731D6.jpeg

Broken brake handle.

I'll have to determine when the brake happened. Either way I can't believe it happened.

If it UPS was the reason it broke I'll be filing a complaint with them and make dang sure they pay for a replacement.

Of the sender sent it with a broken brake flag I will guess I'm going to have to see what it takes to file a claim with PayPal...

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
9:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 93048

Broken brake handle.

I'll have to determine when the brake happened. Either way I can't believe it happened.

If it UPS was the reason it broke I'll be filing a complaint with them and make dang sure they pay for a replacement.

Of the sender sent it with a broken brake flag I will guess I'm going to have to see what it takes to file a claim with PayPal...
You tell ' em, Ross.....

I'm just too fugging mad!

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 93048

Broken brake handle.

Did this free saw come with a guarantee to be free of defects?
If so you have a good case to get your money back from the sailer.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 93048

Broken brake handle.

Kick his ass, Sea Bass

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did this free saw come with a guarantee to be free of defects?
If so you have a good case to get your money back from the sailer.

I've logged onto PayPal and it looks like I have a case

At this point I'm on the edge of filing a complaint.

88AE2847-6E48-4D97-A7FA-3BEEDE2D4DF9.jpeg 551BD774-8ADA-438F-8B31-A46E071A184C.jpeg

It has some rash.

One thing about my grandpa. He is a protectionist. His 034 that he has had for almost 25 years still looks like the day he bought it. Everything he owns he takes care of better than anyone I know.

When I made my thread I was implying that I wanted to buy him a new saw and I stated that.
When the sender contacted me and he said he wanted to send my grandpa a saw I was assuming it was in like new condition.

Frankly I'm kind of ashamed to give this to him in this condition.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was looking for a small and light saw for my grandpa to use. He cuts alot of wood on his property. For the past two years his back and shoulder have been bothering him so when he was going to cut for the day he'd run his saw to me at work, I'd start it for him.
He would drive home with the saw idling in the back of his truck so he could cut. He wouldn't turn the saw off until he was finished for the day. He would gas it up and sharpen the chain while it was running.

He has a 034 that he bought new in the 90's, he finally admitted that it was to heavy for him. I decided to find him a lighter saw that he can use all day without bothering his back and that's easier to start than his 034.

I was ready to buy grandpa either a 543 Husky or a 241 Stihl, but someone who saw my post here said to not waist my money and that he'd send me a saw to give my grandpa.

He sent me a Shindaiwa 377

View attachment 93044
How come i don't see a case of red armor included with the saw?

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've logged onto PayPal and it looks like I have a case

At this point I'm on the edge of filing a complaint.

View attachment 93058 View attachment 93059

It has some rash.

One thing about my grandpa. He is a protectionist. His 034 that he has had for almost 25 years still looks like the day he bought it. Everything he owns he takes care of better than anyone I know.

When I made my thread I was implying that I wanted to buy him a new saw and I stated that.
When the sender contacted me and he said he wanted to send my grandpa a saw I was assuming it was in like new condition.

Frankly I'm kind of ashamed to give this to him in this condition.
If you decide to keep this saw. I'll be willing to kick in some linkbucks to have it powder coated.