I cant believe what i just did

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The other night before bed i was lookin on kijiji and seen a husky 353 for sail.
I thought i would be a smart ars and put mine on ther for quite a bit cheaper. And next thing ya know i get a call and its gone. Ive never sold a saw befor. I feel like iv done wrong lol.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The other night before bed i was lookin on kijiji and seen a husky 353 for sail.
I thought i would be a smart ars and put mine on ther for quite a bit cheaper. And next thing ya know i get a call and its gone. Ive never sold a saw befor. I feel like iv done wrong lol.

Now you have to buy a replacement:)

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Selling a Husky 353 for anything less than $250 is nonsense unless your are flat broke. The 353 is one of the best chainsaws that Husqvarna ever made. Heck, they sold for $500 when new.
I sold mine for 200 but only because it has a after market top end (hutzle) which i stated in the add too so they new. I think i did ok considering the chinese top end. I came out ahead about 75 bucks.
I do have another 353 that is stock. I paid 50 bucks for it and a parts saw. The better one got crushed by a tree and other was all scored and missing parts. Made one good one out of the two. I wont get rid of it. It was a low hour saw when it met the tree.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sell saws all the time. (more than 100 of them) However, my total number of saws doesn't seem to go down as far as it should... Keep selling them, you'll get good at it and then when you buy a saw you can tell yourself you'll be selling it anyway... Or something like that.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just discovered this post from 2 1/2 years ago. I've done very little with chain saws during that time period. Oh, I still use them, just haven't been "flipping" them or rebuilding any of the myriad project saws I have.
I will eventually find time to go through some more of them. Eventually, I plan to cull the herd of everything but Stihls. (ok, maybe a Husqvarna 55 or two)
Next to go is the entire vintage Homelite collection (er, "accumulation" would be a more appropriate term). That will cut the numbers down significantly. I already culled out all the Macs and Poulans. I've spent very little time in my shop the last couple years. Need to be out there more.

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I've pretty much quit selling saws also but I do have quite a few more than I need. Maybe next Fall I'll grab a few and put on CL, see what happens...

redoakman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I was going to go into the pig rental business too but people are afraid of the swine flu so that hasn't worked out. So I have to sell saws to buy rice and potatoes to go with the pork.
Coronavirus(rice) pork( swine flu) . This dinner you're preparing sounds very dangerous