High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Huztl 036 thread...a "Hack" builds a kit? Thats a good title, right?

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Posted this over at the "other" site....:)

Video One Bottom End & Top End...

Video Two, I'm NOT a Stihl Mechanic! I muddled my way through the assembly of the rest....so this is the FIRST try.....Next time there will be a few "improvements", including putting the pulse line on the case side first, and ignition in before the carb, etc...you will see why. Need a better stratagy for re-assembly of the handle/throttle & throttle rod.

ALSO parts that were "less than good" included the Bar Oil pump and the Chain Brake Spring. Not thrilled with the chain brake band missing its "pin" and a few other details. Swapped some supplied screws for OEM, don't yet know about the chain adjuster......a Tweak & Tune video soon to follow with setup, tuning, and some reflections on what I would do different on the next one, an OEM re-build. (Including spark plug gap etc.) Along with some run time...weather allowing.

Mean time all information to those who really know these, I'm certain those who want to build one of these will be interested. I plan to "resurrect" an OEM Stihl 036, one of the early ones. Really looking forward to how a true OEM saw will be. Trying to decide on the break down of parts. It's seized. So New or used OEM top end? Piston, bearings etc. Will make that a "Dead Saw Salvage video......these are ALL new to me! Never spent much time with the Stihl's. Those MS660's have me wanting to go back a little and visit the Originals...So...hunting for old MS660's & 064/66 class projects for later in the year. What a great saw they were!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good I've been looking more at the 381s i haven't handled the stihl clones but the plastics on my two 365s are nice the handle and clutch cover would be hard to tell from oem good running saws out of the box how does the 036 run.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How well does the adjuster move when a bar is mounted?
When I built DDaves hybrid, I had some milling to do just to get it it move.
The oil pumps are garbage and the plastic worm gears are not "ball sized" prior to packaging.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would not discount the cylinder on your "junk" saw just yet, least ways until you took a look at it first, I was able to save the one on my 036/360 build using the Mastermind method found here, still amazed how well this works. With a FarmerTec piston found to be spot on to OEM dimensions, the saw runs wonderful, even if it is what I like to call "saw lasagna" layers of AM & OEM working together. Sure beats the logger modified door stop that it used to be. :)
I would keep an eye on the fuel and impulse lines, hard to tell what will last here and what wont. Keep having fun with these, look forward to your next installment.

Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked at Huztl's eBay listings .... didn't see any 'kits' ... am I missing something here?

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
like stump shot says.don't give up hope on the original cylinder.i've brought back many by sanding transfer.i've only lost 2-3 patients so far.

5000+

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe I missed it, but what was the oil pump issue? Have you cut with it yet? Wondering how the power is.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe I missed it, but what was the oil pump issue? Have you cut with it yet? Wondering how the power is.

+1 ?

Both 361 #1 & #2 I assembled seem to oil good.

361 #2 all squared away. Boot collar washer and carb from Dave did the trick.[emoji106]
d6ad4ebdc921db3858ac5493300db0ac.jpg

No boot collar washer in the 'kit'.
9ec04d0fb07e3d11e8cce67fab61eb80.jpg