High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqy 268 (and others) tank vent fix for free

Local time
11:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have come across several threads with people having issues with the 268 (and other saws that use the same tank vent) being clogged/slow to vent. The tank vents are cheap enough, but if the saw is down; production has stopped. Rooting around in the shop I came up with a quick and free fix.

Remove the clogged tank vent (there are several how-tos on this already) separate the vent from the straw. Looking down in the vent you will see the “vent” material. Using a fine thread sheetrock screw, carefully thread the screw into the vent material and gently pull it out. If it breaks or disintegrates just fish the pieces out with a pick.
DA8C2DD2-2272-4ECD-852A-F2A44996A58F.jpeg
Grab one of the used plastic-foam type Husqvarna fuel filters. Remove the top plastic part that goes into the fuel line by cutting just below the plastic with a razor blade. This leaves you a hollow plasticy-foam thingy. Grab a 3/16” hollow punch or wood plug punch and knock a plug out of the bottom of the empty filter.
6A552195-73C2-4EF3-B530-09D75E47CAA3.jpeg
Grab the plug you just made and press it into the vent housing. Reinstall the straw and resinstall the entire vent assembly back into the saw. Start to finish: less than 5 minutes.

Intoxsawcated

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats nifty but I just used a little bit of loose cotton ball as a replacement in my 288.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did one the other day with an echo style tank vent. Removed and drilled the existing vent to accept the echo hose, shortened the hose a bit and reinstalled with a dab of threebond.

I really hate to drill out a perfectly good tank so drilling the original vent was a good alternative. Shoulda took a picture...

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did one the other day with an echo style tank vent. Removed and drilled the existing vent to accept the echo hose, shortened the hose a bit and reinstalled with a dab of threebond.

I really hate to drill out a perfectly good tank so drilling the original vent was a good alternative. Shoulda took a picture...

Pics or it didn’t happen

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have come across several threads with people having issues with the 268 (and other saws that use the same tank vent) being clogged/slow to vent. The tank vents are cheap enough, but if the saw is down; production has stopped. Rooting around in the shop I came up with a quick and free fix.

Remove the clogged tank vent (there are several how-tos on this already) separate the vent from the straw. Looking down in the vent you will see the “vent” material. Using a fine thread sheetrock screw, carefully thread the screw into the vent material and gently pull it out. If it breaks or disintegrates just fish the pieces out with a pick.
View attachment 159163
Grab one of the used plastic-foam type Husqvarna fuel filters. Remove the top plastic part that goes into the fuel line by cutting just below the plastic with a razor blade. This leaves you a hollow plasticy-foam thingy. Grab a 3/16” hollow punch or wood plug punch and knock a plug out of the bottom of the empty filter.
View attachment 159164
Grab the plug you just made and press it into the vent housing. Reinstall the straw and resinstall the entire vent assembly back into the saw. Start to finish: less than 5 minutes.
That's a small bit of genius right there - good thinking!