High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna TrioBrake video

Troylee

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score

He couldn't follow his advice for even 30 seconds........pay attention to :55 and 1:25..........LOL

Can the tribrake be removed?

sefh3

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That should be fun and expensive to replace.

Windthrown

GFY Certified!
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I had one of those trio brakes on my 346xp type II because that was the only one that the dealer had in stock. It made that saw an absolute POS. I unloaded it pretty fast at cost. Never again. Hell, I would much prefer to have my old Oly saw with no brake. Really.

What he is trying to say is that in a kickback situation, rather than having to move your right hand forward to hit the froward brake paddle, the saw bar will move upward rotating the saw and your right forearm will trip the brake w/o having to move your right hand. I have experienced several hard kickbacks in my time cutting, and in each case I instinctively and reflexively moved my right hand forward to stop the saw. It is fairly natural, actually. The Trio Brake tended to activate on me if I moved my right arm grip to lever the saw hard while dogged into a cut, which requires an upward movement with the right arm using the rear handle. So in my experience using saws, this is a really really bad brake lever design.

Last edited: