Husqvarna to restructure consumer brands

mikefunaro

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apparently husqvarna's Q2 was particularly bad as a result of loses on consumer products. The news articles on the matter suggest that there will be a restructuring and/or exit of some of these consumer markets. Profit on Husqvarna/professional equipment is reportedly strong as are sales.

Perhaps this will be the end or beginning of the end for Poulan, Weedeater and or McCullough

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ker-husqvarna-suffers-worst-selloff-on-record

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is why I had to retire my 30+ yrs McCullough chainsaw as I could get the parts I needed.

There is a lot things going that is causing Husqvarna problems like Sears buckling, lack of warranty service by dealers that refused to do any warranty other than the equipment they sell, poor product designs, and lack product support in the line of replacement parts and lack of customer service. All of which is driving customers away as they are losing confidence in the Husqvarna products.

Personally I service a lot their equipment including the Weedeater and Poulan lines. They actually fairly decent consumer products, you got to know how maintain and repair them. It just like a lot people are down on Homelite which are fairly good consumer chainsaws.

Personally I rather work on the Poulan line than the Echo line. But many operators are now buying the hype about Echos so more of them are showing in my shop and they are a pain to get running right again.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
3:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Interesting thread, as I interviewed for a job with Husqvarna Group, today. It is a new position, created by this restructuring. Deals are being made with independent dealers to service under warranty repairs, for units purchased from retail locations i.e. Lowe's, TSC, etc. This is a much needed change from the 3rd party "service centers" previously used. Incentive programs are being implemented to get the "hey, I didn't sell it, so I'm not fixing it" crowd on board.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
2:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting thread, as I interviewed for a job with Husqvarna Group, today. It is a new position, created by this restructuring. Deals are being made with independent dealers to service under warranty repairs, for units purchased from retail locations i.e. Lowe's, TSC, etc. This is a much needed change from the 3rd party "service centers" previously used. Incentive programs are being implemented to get the "hey, I didn't sell it, so I'm not fixing it" crowd on board.
Hopefully this leads to something good for you Jon.

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Both of the Husqvarna dealers in my area dropped Husqvarna. One went to echo the other to jonsred. I was surprised that the jonsred dealer could not get a oem coil for my 346 since they swapped. Both said they were getting no support from their rep.

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Also I won’t be dumping my echo for a poolan anytime soon.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds great Jon! Good luck with that! Does it sound like something you're interested in?

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good luck sounds like a cool job

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds great Jon! Good luck with that! Does it sound like something you're interested in?
The Husqvarna HR gal basically asked me the same thing. I told her, "when I read the job description you sent me, I thought to myself, this is pretty much my dream job".....so, yes.
Good luck sounds like a cool job
Thanks! Mr. V.P. It is definitely that.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The Husqvarna "brand one" business model will bolster service for all involved. Getting the focus back on the customer, where it belongs. This job I'm pursuing is in effect, an "after sales" role. Lots of problem solving, diplomacy, and smoothing ruffled feathers. Along with dealer retention.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Husqvarna "brand one" business model will bolster service for all involved. Getting the focus back on the customer, where it belongs. This job I'm pursuing is in effect, an "after sales" role. Lots of problem solving, diplomacy, and smoothing ruffled feathers. Along with dealer retention.

So being a mod here on OPE, has really been just polishing your skill set?

Stepping stones so to speak....

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
2:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kind of like your role here lol. I really hope it works out.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
According to a now retired dealer Husqvarna years ago tried a power play in this area .They more or less said it's either Stihl or them .If they went Stihl Husqvarna pulled their franchise and stuck the dealers with unsold inventory that they refused to buy back .That is why in this area the closest actual Husqvarna dealer is 40 miles away and the brand is not popular in this area .
What few repair parts I need I buy from a dealer in North Carolina .