Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pressure test and dunk in a clear glass jar to see where the leakage is occurring
Some 61's ran a Walbro
HS-260A is right for 268 and 272
The AM version from South America is a good unit as is out of the box. Chinese manufacture are hit and miss at best.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pressure test and dunk in a clear glass jar to see where the leakage is occurring
Some 61's ran a Walbro
HS-260A is right for 268 and 272
The AM version from South America is a good unit as is out of the box. Chinese manufacture are hit and miss at best.

My 61 rancher has the walbro WS 17.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about the carb off a 625 jonsred if I change out the one cover plate? In photos they look like they have the pulse port in carb body.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well already have time into putting new piston and ring, crank seals opened the exhaust and lowered and widened the intake and widened exhaust ports. Have to see if it helps because it’s an open port cylinder.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well already have time into putting new piston and ring, crank seals opened the exhaust and lowered and widened the intake and widened exhaust ports. Have to see if it helps because it’s an open port cylinder.

Ported it will run with a stock XP rpm wise, but the torque!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
7:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What saws use the same carb as a husky 268? Is it just the 61,268 and 272? Working on a 268 and the carb is flooding the saw. I pulled apart twice blew it out and changed needle, metering lever and spring. Still flooding out, anybody have some ideas or just buy new carb?
Try polishing the needle seat with a q tip before you give up.

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so bit bizarre but am wondering if anyone can help me out here. I am back to working on my 44 rancher, needs rings and a/v plus usual fuel lines and carb kit. But am wondering if anyone can give ne pin measurements of of a Stihl 025 piston, because from what I am finding it is the exact same stroke and bore diameter. Meaning if I coud fit the piston to the rod, I woild have upgraded to a twin ring piston in a good saw. Thoughts and guidance welcome as always, am still learning and adapting. Am new to really doing any mods to saws.
Thanks
Mike

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why wouldn’t you want to stick with a more free reving single ring? Lots of guys building saws including stihls are only running a single ring on a two ring piston. I even had a stock 024 that had a single ring they hold up fine.

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why wouldn’t you want to stick with a more free reving single ring? Lots of guys building saws including stihls are only running a single ring on a two ring piston. I even had a stock 024 that had a single ring they hold up fine.
I just have more experience with twin ring saws, as far as bit more compression it seems. But I have seen that guys are building with single ring. I guess I had better find a different mic and measure my piston to make sure it isn't to worn. It is showing a bit of wear, but no scoring or anything. A ring is definitely a cheaper option as far as parts go.
Thanks
Mike

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm a 44 freak. I have about a doz. I love this saw it cuts bigger than 42mm IMO. If it were mine I would put a new Caber ring and run it. 14k from factory on an OP cyl.
Shep

justoldsaws

From the land downunder
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recenty replaced the bar on my 3120 with a new 36", the seller threw in a Evo 2 chain.
The chain is a piece of crap, chinese made and the stretch is like nothing ive ever experienced, might be ok for a low powered home owner saw but on a big husky it just doesn't cut it. So im looking at a new chain.
What are you all running on your 3120? Ive previously ran Oregon on my Huskies, just curious what chains you guys are getting good results with.
Justin

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would sorta depend on what and how you're cutting. Can't beat Stihl chain for just about anything you want to throw at it. Oregon would be an obvious contender as well. If you're milling, Oregon makes milling chain. I believe Stihl may have just introduced a milling chain but may be wrong about that. Easy enough to make if you're patient and have a decent grinder.

For felling or bucking big wood, either manufacturer will have something that fits your needs.

But cheapie chain is just that..., cheapie chain.

justoldsaws

From the land downunder
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would sorta depend on what and how you're cutting. Can't beat Stihl chain for just about anything you want to throw at it. Oregon would be an obvious contender as well. If you're milling, Oregon makes milling chain. I believe Stihl may have just introduced a milling chain but may be wrong about that. Easy enough to make if you're patient and have a decent grinder.

For felling or bucking big wood, either manufacturer will have something that fits your needs.

But cheapie chain is just that..., cheapie chain.
Sorry I should have been a bit more specific in my question, I'd had a few beers after a day on the saws.
Im just cross cutting large Aussie hard wood, mainly yellow and grey box, very tough dense timber.
Has anyone tried the Husqvarna X-cut chain.
20190222_104902.jpg

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Husqvarna X-cut chain.

I may be wrong, but I believe its narrow kerf design is primarily for smaller saws. I'd think a 3120 would just destroy it in your hardwoods. Semi-chisel .404 would probably be a better choice simply for the durability factor alone.