High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

HUSQVARNA HUSQVARNA THREAD

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The last time I checked, the piston was $4 more than a complete C/P kit.

It's not the worst, but it would be nice for affordable piston when that's all you need.
I take your point....The cost of parts are often the decider if a saw is repaired or not when it comes to the newer ones here. If a major thing like the top end fails under Warrantee then often its fixed....after ..not so much as you get way over 1/2 ..2/3rds the cost of a new one with labour real speedy !

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
6:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

George Jones

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Howdy,
I am new here, and wanted to introduce myself. I am a logger, and my interest in is work saws. Mostly I run Husky, which is why Im posting this question on this thread. My daily saw is an xtorq 372, I also have a 562 as a backup, a 390 which needs tlc, and a bunch of pre-xtorq 372/371/271/2171 basket cases. I am looking for a starting point, a general overview of the world of modding saws and an idea of how to find the specific info. My main interest is building good, solid pre-xtorq 372s and 390s with stupid power. I have a few tools, including a case splitter and pressure/vacuum pump from thechainsawguy, and experience tearing down saws to replace everything from clutch to crank. I have looked around youtube a bunch, but really dont know where to start, in regards to SPECIFICS on cylinder work, carbs, etc. BAsically just looking for "hey stupid, start here". Also willing to travel to meet anybody who does this work in my region (New England) Any help is most appreciated! Have a good one!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy,
I am new here, and wanted to introduce myself. I am a logger, and my interest in is work saws. Mostly I run Husky, which is why Im posting this question on this thread. My daily saw is an xtorq 372, I also have a 562 as a backup, a 390 which needs tlc, and a bunch of pre-xtorq 372/371/271/2171 basket cases. I am looking for a starting point, a general overview of the world of modding saws and an idea of how to find the specific info. My main interest is building good, solid pre-xtorq 372s and 390s with stupid power. I have a few tools, including a case splitter and pressure/vacuum pump from thechainsawguy, and experience tearing down saws to replace everything from clutch to crank. I have looked around youtube a bunch, but really dont know where to start, in regards to SPECIFICS on cylinder work, carbs, etc. BAsically just looking for "hey stupid, start here". Also willing to travel to meet anybody who does this work in my region (New England) Any help is most appreciated! Have a good one!

Welcome! http://opeforum.com/threads/part-one-the-exhaust-port.7279/

Here's a good start and I know Dan @paragonbuilder is some were up there and he would know more than me.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy,

Hi George, welcome to OPE!
I'm about an hour and a half south of you,
This site has enough info to get you started, poke around a bit. Questions, start a thread. It helps everybody learn. If you want to come visit sometime, or just call and talk, send me a pm.

Davey83

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
any husky dealers on here that would be willing to post to Australia?
preferably from the USA.
I'm currently after an entire bottom end for a 562xp

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
preferably from the USA.
Like cases and crank?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sucks. The only dealers I know of on here are on the east coast. Is there no dealers out by you? Or is the price crazy high?

Davey83

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
prices for all OEM chainsaw parts are always to dear here in Australia.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
prices for all OEM chainsaw parts are always to dear here in Australia.
That sucks. I sent a Chevy truck door handle to member here saved him 270 bucks. You guys get the shaft down there for sure.

Davey83

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yes... our wages are probably double but parts prices are like triple :(

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
preferably from the USA.
Just saw one on ebay, from a dealer. He may ship.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone have a tank/handle for a 357xp/359?

And has anyone else had one just start leaking oil at the seam? Weird.

customcutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here and pretty new to chainsaws. Did repair a 350 that ate itself due to the leaking intake manifold plastic clamp, and a stripped bolt hole on the carb that someone before me over tightened the last time they were in it.

I just bought a 262XP today that appears to be in real good shape lots of compression it feels like and she barks when you pull her over. Are these saws known for any particular issues? If so I will plan on pulling the carb and muffler and sealing it up and doing a pressure/vacuum test?

thanks in advance,
Ken

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
6:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Them 254/262 is pretty much bullet proof.
Its a long time since I've worked with any of them, but seals (special if there where the old style seals) is something I swap out automatically on any of my projects.

What s/n do your 262 XP has?